Chapter 21: Second Round

Hi! Spoilers for episodes 43-46

Blader DJ announced the next match to start up the second round. It was my battle with Kyoya. I was nervous. For many reasons.

'1.' I find that stating my problems or why I'm worried helps. 'Kyoya hates us right about now. So that's fun. 2. I have to give it all I got to win this if I want to stay with my friend. 3. If I make it, maybe I can try battling Ryuga and knocking some sense into him.'

     I looked at the audience. In the front rows were my friends, cheering for both of us. Well, Benkei cheered for Kyoya only. I also had to stifle a laugh when I saw a bunch of fangirls holding up small heart shaped signs with Kyoya's face on it. There were fangirls like that back in the tournament for 10,000 points and Kyoya was supremely annoyed by that.

     We both took our positions around the Bey stadium. "Not too late to back out of the bet!" I shouted to Kyoya. He responded by glaring at me. We readied our Beys and aimed them in the stadium.

     Blader DJ was announcing it. "3! 2! 1! Let it rip!" The crowd shouted. Kyoya and I launched our Beys.

     Leone and Herculeo circled around each other. 'Neither one of us is going to make the first move. Well in that case, may the most stubborn win.'

     Leone and Herculeo continued to spin. 'Okay, Kyoya will use his special move to win. To break it, I can try to calculate an opening. It'll be impossible though. Wait, I can use my special move and- yes okay, that'll work.'

     "Herculeo!" I shouted. Herculeo then clashed into Leone. 'Awesome. Herculeo understands the plan.'

     Herculeo used Relentless Assault and clashed into Leone. Leone pushed back Herculeo and went to the middle. I grinned. 'Perfect.'

     "Leone! Lion Wild Wing Fang Dance!" Kyoya shouted. A huge tornado formed. Unlike last time, the tornado was more dangerous. 'No matter. This doesn't interfere with my plans at all.' Herculeo ran into the tornado. I guided my arm in the path I wanted Herculeo to follow. I also noticed I naturally started balleting slightly. I felt more concentrated when I ballet.

     I didn't remember the names for what I was doing. I just automatically did it. My gaze fell upon the screens. I was really graceful looking as I jumped to one side. Herculeo spun in the wind and jumped into the sky.

     "Herculeo! Ground Pound!" I shouted.

     Herculeo fell into the space slightly away from Leone and its tornado. Herculeo cracked the ground underneath it and the cracks spread till it covered almost the whole arena. The ground also lifted slightly, breaking the wind patterns and killing the tornado.

     Kyoya looked up in surprise. I smirked slightly. 'Try using your special move now buddy.'

     Herculeo started attacking Leone continuously. Leone hit back as well. Herculeo pulled back and went to one side of the stadium. Then, Herculeo came rushing to Leone. Leone moved out of the way. 'Hm. Did you think that was it?'

     Herculeo rode off into the air. Herculeo aimed it's attack and flew down. I continued moving around. 'Come on (fn), maintain your balance and grace. We got this.' "Ground Pound!" I shouted

     Herculeo crashed into Leone, causing an explosion. When I was able to see again, I saw Leone withstanding Herculeo's attack with difficulty.