Magika by IntoTheTempest

Magika by intothetempest

Current Chapters Written: 10

Current Chapters Read by me: 5

What got me hooked: The concept. It order to do magic, you need a cape. However, getting a cape is a lot more complicated than hiring a seamstress.

Diversity meter is: Vanilla Mocha Swirl Chai Latte with Lite Almond Milk, no Soy with just a dash of Cinnamon...from Starbucks. The author represents the characters pretty well, IMO, but that's not a population I speak for, so I won't. If you read it and you do, please let me know what you think.

And the story is: Good so far. There is a lot to like about the main character. He's broody, dark and has a pretty witty sense of self. The love interest is that, except that she's competent. They make for an interesting combo. It's the characters, not the plot that make this story.

What I like about it: The concept is so interesting that I just had to keep reading. I binge-read 4 of the 5 chapters during my lunch break.  Without spoilers, do yourself a favor and read this. The author says it's inspired by Dr. Strange, but how this came from that is beyond me. It's why I like diverse minds, folks.

I'm not a fan of: the writing in some places. It's pretty wordy and it usually takes the author 2 or 3 paragraphs to reach her stroke. When she does, however, it gets pretty good.

Would I recommend it to other readers: Sure, why not? There aren't very many original ideas floating around Wattpad, and those that do usually try to be 'too clever to be interesting' IMO.  If that makes any sense. Anywho, if you're into good fantasy with a fresh take and some BW/WM action from a diverse author, give it a read or five.