Chapter 2

"Tyler, you're late" Mr. Peckner said, obviously annoyed.

"Sorry," Tyler said, giving no reason he was late to class.

"Just sit down..." Mr. Peckner said. "And since you missed... oh... only the first 5 minutes of class...", right then Mr.Peckner shot Tyler a one of those "i-am-dissapointed-with-you" looks..."This is our new student, Haley, from Vermont."

Mr. Peckner slouched into his chair, taking the attendance on his computer.

Tyler looked at me and gave me a soft smile, bringing a light blush on my cheeks.  I looked back at him, giving him one in return.

"Alrighty, then.. we are going to start from where we left off yesterday when we were talking about the election of Abraham Lincoln in 18..."

I could care less.  I couldn't concentrate.  I couldn't spend 5 minutes without shooting a quick look at Tyler.

When class was dismissed, Clara and I walked to her locker and back to mine.

"Thanks for showing me around, it meant a lot." I said.

"No prob, I was a new student here too, just a couple years back.  I know how you feel right now."

"So..." she said.  Somehow, the way she gave me that look, I knew she was going to start talking about Tyler.

"He's pretty good looking."

"Who?"

"Tyler! Of course.  I saw the way you were looking at him!"  Clara said.  "I don't blame you, he's quite the hottie."  Clara said, a smile creeping on her face.

"Well, OK, maybe I did look at him, a bit." I said, confessing.

"So, you wanna go get lunch?"

The day was going way too fast, which was good, I guess.  We walked down the hall, dodging a swarm of people that were also headed towards the cafeteria.

When I got to the line, I grabbed my tray.  I wasn't completely used to the whole "cafeteria idea", noting the fact that I had no cafeteria at my old school.  I grabbed a water bottle and a sugar cookie which was burnt.

"That's it? Clara said, looking at my tray.

"I'm not that hungry." I said, remembering the "big" breakfast I had this morning, which consisted of a granola bar and water.  I changed my mind and took a ham and cheese sandwich and another sugar cookie, taking a soft one this time.

We stood at the end of the line and eyed the cafeteria for a spot to sit.  No spots were empty. 

"Wanna go eat outside?" Clara said, poking her head towards the door.

"Sure."

We walked outside into the fresh air.  It was pretty cold.  I un-tied my sweater from my waist and wrapped it around my shoulders.  There were a few people outside sitting at the blue tables.  Clara and I chose a spot next to a huge mapple tree that formed a sort of "curtain" over the table.  Clara started a fit of sneezing, which I then fished a tissue out of my bag for her.

"Thanks," she said, sneezing again. "I have such bad allergies..."

She stopped sneezing and shot her nose towards whatever was behind me, giving a cold stare into my eyes that made me turn around with some caution.

"Oh look, whore bag made a new friend."

(Hey guys! Please tell me what you think about the book!  What do you think of Clara? Give me any suggestions for the book if you have any ^.^)