eleven

|CHAPTER ELEVEN:
monkey|

It was Phoebe's birthday

It was Phoebe's birthday. A lot had happened in the last 24 hours. Rachel fell off her balcony whilst taking down the Christmas lights and hurt her ankle, Monica and her met two cute doctors whilst they were there too, and Phoebe has tried to talk to Joey only to realize that Joey and Ursula had slept together.

"So he said it was just a sprain and that was it."

"You left out the stupid part," Monica added as she handed Amelia another bag of chips to pour into a bowl for the party guests.

"It's not stupid, the very cute doctors asked us out for tomorrow night and I said yes," Rachel spoke giddily as she tried to avoid Monica's gaze.

"I think it's totally insane it's like returning to the scene of the crime. I say we blow off the dates," Monica had begun to panic about the situation of filling out her details for Rachel.

"Geez, Mon. Live a little," Amelia scoffed as Chandler nudged her side to capture her attention. He rolled his eyes and started quietly snoring making Amelia laugh.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Chandler and Amelia hid behind the couch as the guests scattered around everywhere behind furniture.

"Surprise!" Everybody screamed only for it to be Ross who dropped the cake.

"Ross!" Amelia whined as he picked up the cake. Giving her the Ross glare as he stood back up.

"You sacred the crap out of me."

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Unbelievable!" She threw her hands in the air as the cake was officially unfixable.

"Hey what's going on?" A voice sounded distracting everybody from the destroyed cake.

"Surprise!" Everyone shouted again, this time at the correct person. Amelia jumped on Phoebe giving her a warm hug. Phoebe squealed in excitement as she shook Amelia side to side with a happy smile dancing on her glowing face.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! This is so great. Hi Betty! Betty hi! Where's Joey?"

Amelia frowned as Phoebe no longer looked happy.

Amelia began stroking her hair as Phoebe gave everybody a weak smile but gave Amelia a pained expression. She understood especially after the talk last night when Phoebe got drunk and told Amelia exactly how she felt about the Joey situation. Amelia was glad she remembered otherwise nobody would know how Pheebs was really feeling.