Chapter 20: The First Round

Start from the beginning

"And now let Battle Bladers begin!" Doji announced. The crowd cheered. All of us except Benkei and I left to the audience area. We both stood at opposite ends of the Beyblade stadium. I heard Gingka and the others cheer for us. This was going to be fun.

"In the very first matchup of the day, we have big bad Benkei and his battling Bey, Dark Bull!" Blader DJ announced. "His opponent is the ever so clever (Fn) with her Vulcan Herculeo!"

The crowd roared. The outcome wasn't too hard to figure out though. Benkei isn't a bad Blader at all. But still, while he has Bull's incredible strength, I have Herculeo's strength and my mind. But still, I don't expect to win easily at all.

The battle started. Bull attacked Herculeo immediately. I watched closely as Herculeo held his ground. Herculeo seemed somewhat aware of what I wanted him to do without saying it. 'Hmm. Bull battles like, well, a bull. How do you win against a bull? Well, how about those bull fighting techniques? Yeah, yeah, that should do it.'

"Herculeo!" I called out, to my surprise, Herculeo moved on its own. Herculeo pushed Bull back and raced to the opposite side that Bull was on. 'That-that's what I was going to tell Herculeo to do. Did we both just synch?'

I shook my head. 'No time for that now. Focus on defeating Benkei first.'

"You know what to do Herculeo!" I shouted. Herculeo spun in one side and Bull went charging to clash with him. Herculeo immediately swerved out of the way. Bull continued spinning off the stadium and into the sky. When Bull came flying down, Herculeo clashed into Bull many times, not allowing Bull to stay on the ground.

At one point, Herculeo smashed into Bull and Bull was sent flying out of the stadium. Herculeo and I had won. The crowd cheered whil Benkei stood there in disbelief. "You did awesome Benkei!" I shouted at him. He looked up and smiled. "Don't lose to anybody in the next matches, got it?" Benkei shouted. I nodded.

We both went into the audience when the next pair had been chosen. It was Kenta vs. Tetsuya. Tetsuya was distracted by bragging about how he has come up with a new special trick after vigorous training. Kenta used that to win. I was rather disappointed that the battle was over already. I wanted to see what Watarigani had planned.

The next round was Teru and Ryutaro. I cheered for Teru. As I predicted, Teru lost when Ryutaro sent his Virgo flying with air currents or whatever.

When Ryutaro won, his picture flashed on the screen above. The thing was, his background was a picture of the Dark Nebula logo. 'So he's a member as well? Aw man. He was one of my favorites.'

The next battle was between Gingka and Yu.

This battle was intense, mostly because I had no idea who would win. People would assume that since Yu won once before, Gingka wouldn't win. But Gingka has been training since then. So I wasn't too sure.

After a bunch of sand was spun around the stadium and hearing the horrid sounds of Libra's Infernal Blast, Gingka won the battle with Storm Bringer, his new special move.

After it was announced that Gingka won, Gingka walked over to Yu and shook hands with him. I think we have a new friend, based on the friendly smile Yu gave.

The next two battles were pretty predictable and kind of boring. Kyoya won against Tobio and Tsubasa won against Reiki. What I found really awesome was that Dan came with Reiki to watch the battle. It shows that siblings will hate each other but be there also.

All of us met up at the waiting areas. We congratulated Tsubasa and Kyoya. We were all pretty hyped up since we were winning against the Dark Nebula. Kenta pointed out that the only members left were Ryutaro, and Ryuga.