Chapter 13: The Touch

Start from the beginning

Callisto's grip on her bow turned her knuckles white as great anxiety washed over her.

"Callisto," Artemis's voice made her heart leap. In a panic, the nymph fell to her knees. She bowed her head and apologized to her mistress for her disrespect, but Artemis shook her head and went over to calm the dainty maiden.

"I did not bring you here to punish you, Callisto, don't be scared," Artemis said. Callisto finally raised her face to the goddess again. Artemis smiled kindly back. The nymph felt a relief spreading through her body like a balmy moonglow.

"Then...then why are we here while the others are delighting in the hunt, my lady?" she asked.

Artemis flinched for half a moment. She pondered if only briefly whether taking this path would lead her to a point of no return. But when she saw Callisto's face reddened in the hue of early dawn, Artemis knew she couldn't deny her longing.

"I want you to show me that I am not alone," Artemis confessed, "that I can be loved and still keep my solemn vow."

There was a glint in those silverish eyes as Artemis stared back at her. At last, Callisto understood her mistress's intent. She almost couldn't believe what she heard. All those nights she tried to ban those impure thoughts from her mind, but now they manifested into reality before her eyes. The nymph felt her heart pound loudly in her chest when the goddess took her hand in hers. Without a word, they stood up and sauntered towards the cave together.

The goddess and her maiden stood before the other, their brilliant eyes locked. Time seemed to freeze like the winter had settled upon it. Artemis had found what her heart desired, and the goddess would not disavow what she wanted.

Leaning in, she captured Callisto's supple lips, unsure at first, but once she had tasted the maiden, the kiss became demanding.

The goddess opened her mouth and poured her divine flavor that made Callisto weak at the knees. Driven by something primitive, far beyond disciplines and reasons, Artemis lowered the nymph to the cave floor. In less than a heartbeat, the two of them were helpless against the passion they kept hidden for so long.

Callisto parted her lips as her mistress's tongue slithered in, ravishing her mouth in a feral need. Artemis now understood how the gods could be driven mad by this wantonness.

"I desire this moment with you, Callisto," the goddess whispered between ragged breaths. "Such is the case with the lover and the beloved. Show me the tenderness you have shown me, and I shall satisfy you in the same manner."

Seeing the ardent gaze of her mistress, Callisto was also aware of her needs.

"My wish to serve you has grown stronger since the first moment I saw you," Callisto admitted. "It is a delight to my heart if I can fulfill your request here and now."

With that said, Artemis stripped the nymph of the tunic she was wearing. Callisto's tresses strayed as night let down over the sky. Her throat recalled the antelope's, and her breasts like two pomegranates of even size. The goddess swallowed as she saw those nipples standing erect atop her sweet round flesh. It made her nervous belly rise and fall in waves of needs. Artemis enjoyed her nymph's flower-like face and her fragrant smell.

Callisto's senses were heightened with equal excitement. The Lady of the Wild could shame the noon sun's radiancy.

Laid willingly on her back, she opened her arms to welcome the goddess. When she felt Artemis's skin against hers, Callisto felt a certain heat below her stomach. In an instant, a rush of need coursed through both women. Artemis shut her eyes and basked in the overwhelming sensation of euphoria that filled her body.