My Princess Needs Me!!

"ALRIGHT!!! The annual Esper-cathalon meeting shall come to order!"

Kongou slammed a hand down on the table inside the main assembly meeting room of Tokiwadai Middle school, consisting of a large room with a long table filled with rotating chairs, and possessing a projector screen. 

The chairs were filled with mainly Level 4 girls, all of them supposedly the best the school had to offer.  A level 5, Aiko, was also there, filing her nails and adjusting her beret as she yawned, barely paying attention.

Izumi and her two lackeys were also there, the three of them giggling and whispering to each other.. 

In fact nobody was really paying much attention..

"HEY!!" Kongou roared. "EVERYONE!!"

Everybody looked up in surprise.

"Where's Misaka?" said Izumi. 

"Yeah.." muttered Aiko. "Isn't she head of our Esper-cathalon team?"

"That's exactly my point!" Kongou said, clearing her throat and putting her fan behind her back. "As Vice Head of the team, I regretfully inform you all.. that.. well.. Misaka-san is home sick with a horrible flu! She won't be able to make it to Tokyo with us today!"

"WHAAAAAATT!?" all the girls exclaimed with horror. 

"But.. she's our only Ace in the hole to help us win against Yamato Academy!" stammered Aiko. "We'll lose the championship without her!"

"We're royally screwed.." sobbed Izumi. "Now we'll have to give up that nice shiny trophy."

"HOLD IT!!" Kongou exclaimed. "Listen! I have a plan to rectify the situation.. We get Ben to compete in her place!"

The girls all muttered amongst each other.

"Well.. don't get us wrong." said Izumi, getting out of her chair and doing one of her sentaish poses for no reason.  "We do love Ben as the hero who found all the missing girls in our school and beat that bastard Glimmer.  But is he even eligible?"

"Requirements are they go to our school, doesn't say they have to come all the time like normal students." said Kongou. "And there are no rules against using machines as long as they're natural abilities.. news is.. Ben's Omnitrix is literally a part of his body! And he's an Esper, so he fills that requirement.."

"But.. Tennyson-san isn't even in this school right now." said one girl. "He only comes twice a week, so.. he's currently at his normal school right? We can't just pull him right out and force him to come to the Esper-Cathalon with us."

"Or CAN we?" said Aiko with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. 

______________________________

"A-AAAACHOO!!" 

"Whoa." Ben held his ear away from the phone. "Bless you.. that was a big one."

"S-sorry.. " Mikoto's sick voice came out of the phone, sniffling. "This flu is like... epic."

Ben smiled. "Don't worry, school's going to be out in a few hours and I'll be home with some vapor rub and pain killer and a huge box of decongestant.. and.. my Grandpa's special Tennyson recipe for dealing with colds and flus alike.."