Chapter 7

"I'm sorry, but I have to go." I say the next morning to my frowning friends. "But what about the contest?" Lucy asks. "I guess it'll have to wait..." Rebecca says. "Guys, I'm sorry, but my mom really wants to see me." I say. Rebecca looks down at her feet and smiles. "It's okay, tell your mom about everything." She says. Lucy gives me killer look... but why?

I give them both a small hug and turn to professor Middlewiddle. "Shall we?" I ask and she nods, bundling her jacket up closer to her body. "Yes." She says then turns around to look at the two dragons that are looking at us annoyin-gly. "Remember your form." She says as I mount the dragon neck and hold tight to the reins.

The dragon floats easily up into the air and willingly follows Professor Middl-ewiddle through the cold air. Eventually, I rest the reins on the horn of the saddle. Then, after four hours of long flying, we land. I look around after I clamper off my dragon. We have landed in a sorts of large, glass building.

Tons and tons of people my age and older with red hair look at us. Then shrug and continue on as if it's normal for two people to land on dragons. "Ah! Professor Middlewiddle!" A woman slightly older than my dad. Shaking her hand then mine with over-the-top excitement.

"We have been informed why you are here," she says with a small smile that mirrors pity. "Poor child..." she says, glancing at me and chasing her lips to a pout. "Lara!" She suddenly yells. A girl about as tall as my shoulder walks over, a green dragon hovering by her shoulder. "Yes?" She asks.

"Take these two lovely people to there rooms!" She says and Lara cracks a smile, mutters "this way", and walks away. Professor Middlewiddle and I follow a couple feet behind her. "That was Mrs. Polly, head of the dragon trainer community." She whispers before Lara stops in front of a small hallway.

"Your room is here, Miss Albany, and yours, Professor Middlewiddle, is here." She says motioning to either side of the hall. "And your keys." She hands me a single, gold key. "Don't loose it, there is only one." Then, she turns around and leaves. "Go on in, dear. I hear the rooms are very nice." She unlocks her door and walks in, revealing only a window.

I sigh loudly and open my door. I glance at the floor as I close it. I look up and gasp. The walls are old brick, and the floor a nice hard wood. A white leather couch and a matching chair shadow a glass coffee table and a nice, white fluffy carpet. A small kitchen with a mini fridge and a oven and microwave sits close to the door. Off the room is a pristine white bedroom with a bathroom to the side.

I walk back out and towards the window on the far side of the room. A massive flat screen TV sits on the wall beside the floor to ceiling windows. I press my nose and hands against it to see out. The view isn't amazing, it's just a city. But... something catches my eye. Four huge purple dragons fly quickly and smoothly towards the tower. Invisible to the city below.

I watch the dragons fly closer and closer until they disappear, probably into that door. A sudden, loud knock sounds from my door. "Albany! Hello?" Professor Middlewiddle calls, knocking louder than before. I quickly walk over and swing the door open.

"Hi, Professor Middlewiddle." I say, with a small smile. "Oh, don't bother. Call me Delia, this isn't school, anyway." She says, waving her hand in the air. "Okay, Delia..." it sounds really weird to be revering to my teacher by her first name.

"Anyway, I got somebody to book us a bus tour." I give her a strange look, and she picks up on it. "Oh, don't look at me that way, Albany. I know your here for the dragon tears, but we might as well have fun, right?" She asks and I sigh. "Yeah, I guess."

Delia smiles and says, "get ready, we leave in ten minutes." I close the door in her face, annoyed. "Ugh, those teenagers..." I hear her mutter through the door, then foot steps back and a door closing. Apart from my clear annoyance, I brush my teeth, and take a quick shower anyway.

As I'm brushing out my hair a distinct smack sounds from my window. Brushing my long, red hair still, I walk out into the main room and look at the windows. A note is stuck to the outside. I slowly open up my window and reach my whole arm out until my fingers come in contact with parchment.

I pull the note back in and sit down on the pristine white couches and look down to read it, it's says:

Dear Albany,

I would just like to say, I'm your killer. And... I live In England.

Love, somebody

A shudder runs through my body as I slam the note down on the coffee table. Very, very mad and upset I storm from my room and knock madly on Delia's. "Oh, Albany! Have you decided to come on the bus to--"

She takes one look at my reddening face and her words trail to a end. "Oh my, what happened?" She asks suddenly, resting a hand on my shoulder.

<><><>

"This is terrible." Mrs. Polly says, shaking her head and clicking. "Who would do this?" She asks Delia and I. We both shrug. "Well, I'll have the office down stairs gather all the students that go to your school that live in London, I think there is 20 or 30." She says, looking at Lara who frowns and scurries away.

"Anyway, you two better go take refuge in your rooms, the person may be in the building." She says, her frown deepening.