Chapter 6

"What kind?" I ask. "An intelligence one, but... not boring." I raise my brows at her and Rebecca pulls a book off a shelf. "How about we choose a dragon, research it, and write a three page essay." She pauses. "Albany, your dad can mark them, right?" She asks and I nod.

"How about... by tomorrow at noon we meet here, bring your dad, and he'll see who wins." She says to me. I smile. "I like it," I reply, "so do I." Rebecca says. Lucy looks at us both. "It's on." She quickly turns away and runs deeper into the library. I glance at Rebecca and she shrugs, then hurries into the books.

I pull a book from the shelf, and in shiny gold letters reads: Drakon av hjälp. I flip to a random page, and read: this dragons tears is used in many potions, it is also highly related to the Drakon av Dödden. They help each other in many ways, but mostly in the potion of Revealing. A potion that helps to Dödden's trainer to find its killer.

The potion is easily made, and highly useful. When the human takes the potion, everybody who is not a threat will turn blue, and the true killer will be a dark blue or purple. This potion is always useful, and has never failed.

I close the book and take it over to a table, set it down and go to the librarian to ask for a pen and paper. I return soon and copy the whole paragraph down. Then, underneath, I start writing notes.

I start at the front of the book and read: This book was specially crafted for the people who have a Dödden dragon, and I might know a way to help. This dragon is found in one place and one place only: the Cave of Gifts. This cave, although the exact location not yet known, is somewhere under London, England.

This dragon, who can understand humans, will give one tear to make the potion we talk about later on. But only if your present then with a gift of either gold, silver, or magical property. This dragon will only help those you are pure of heart, and youthful enough to not waste that tear.

The dragon, from what I've heard, usually only give stead to humans between the age of 10 and 40. Of course, there is one more dragon of this kind, but that is in Africa.

I quickly write the information down then continue.

Although this dragon is picky to whom it gives its tear too, it also has other gifts. If you bring it a piece of paper, it will give you a scale from its back. And if you bring it a rock, it will give you two scales. Sometimes, but rarely, the dragon will lash out and kill whoever enters its cave. There has only been two accounts of this happening.

And it has been ruled by the dragon trainer leaders that that was because the people where there to steal, so they got denied entry.

I turn the page and read about the dragon, how it looks and such. Then, I get an idea. What if I go, get the tears and create the potion, maybe with the help of Rebecca. It would save my life, correct? Yeah. I pick my phone up from the table and glance at the time. 1:30.

I turn to see Rebecca leaving, her and Lucy chatting. I call for them to wait while I gather my stuff, and run to them. "What have you decided to do?" Lucy asks. I chuckle at her. "I'm not telling," I say. She turns to Rebecca and gets the same response as we walk down to the dining hall.

After our quick meal of chicken and French fries, we decided to go outside. So, we gather our ski pants, winter jackets, hats, and gloves and march out into the now snow covered lawn to build a snowman. "How about we build a dragon, instead?" Rebecca asks. Lucy and I shrug and start gathering snow to lay into the dragons head.

We spend the rest of the afternoon laughing, playing in the snow, and drinking hot chocolate dad brings us every hour or so. Finally, the bell on top of the castle goes off, signalling diner. We all rush in, strip off our wet, snowy clothes and run down for diner.

After our large meal of turkey, gravy mashed potatoes, peas, corn on the cob and chocolate and vanilla cake for desert, we all decided to walk up to our dorm and hang out in Rebecca and Lucy's. Finally, at about midnight they dose off, I lay on the sleeping bag that Rebecca magicked up for me, wide awake.

As soon as I am one hundred percent sure they are asleep I leave the dorm and walk down to the teachers quarters. I knock loudly on the door that has the words 'Professor Middlewiddle'. Wearing purple fuzzy pyjamas and her hair up in curlers, with a wide frown on her face she opens the door.

Her eyes light up and her frown turns into a wide grin when she sees me. "Albany!" She whispers and envelopes me in a hug. "Come in, come in. Do you have anything to talk about? Maybe over some hot chocolate or tea?" I step into her small, but very pink and purple fuzzy room and sit on the dark pink couch.

"You really shoulder be wondering around the halls at night by yourself." She says as she quickly makes me a hot chocolate. Finally, professor sits down across from me. "So, what's wrong?" She asks. "Well..." I start then stop, can I really trust her? "You know I found a drakon av Dödden on my pillow, right?" Professor Middlewiddle nods.

"So, earlier today, Lucy gave us a challenge, write a three page essay on a dragon... and I stumbled upon the drakon av hjälp... " I say and she gasps lightly. "No, you can not go search for it, Albany." She says. "Please, it'll save me though!" I beg. After five minutes of hard begging, she swerved.

"Fine, but we have to create a story, you and I can't just leave." She says. "We could say.... that my mom bought me a plane ticket for tomorrow." I say. Professor Middlewiddle strikes her chin. "That would work." She says slowly. "Deal then, when do we leave?" I ask.

"Tomorrow morning."

(A/N) The thought process of this book

Me: books about dragons!
*look down at book*
Me: A school about Dragons!
*brain connects to favourite place*
Me: a school about dragons that's in Galway, Ireland!

Then, ladies and gentlemen, this book was born *clapping*