i. [the mission]

JAY, chapter 1

JAY WENT INTO HIS DORM ROOM which he shared with Carlos and saw him and Jane on the bed cuddling and hugging.

They were watching the movie with Dude next to them. Just as Jay walked in, Jane got up ready to leave. She felt embarrassed because someone saw her and Carlos, cuddling on his bed.

She wasn't used to this. Carlos grabbed her hand and pulled Jane back into his arms. Her face went reddish.

"Calm down," Carlos whispered but Jay still could hear what he was saying. "It's okay for Jay to see you with me, he's not gonna think wrong about you."

"I still- uhm.." Jane started but Carlos kissed her lips and shut her up. Jane's cheeks were even more pink now.

Jay chuckled to himself and went to his side of the room, where he had his bed, nightstand and all the prizes he had won in the Turney game. He went to grab his jersey, but Evie chimed in and grabbed everyone's attention. Jane stood up, immediately.

Carlos pulled her back and wrapped his arms around her, again. Evie gave them a single smile and looked over the room, to check that Jay was there too. Then she started talking:

"Ben called for a meeting. Jay, you need to be there." She motioned to Jay.

"Why me?" Jay questioned. "Did i do something wrong?"

"How would i know?" Evie asked and shook her shoulders.

"Okay, i'll go, in a moment." Jay murmured and grabbed his leather jacket.

He opened the door to Ben's office and saw the king himself and Lonnie.

Shang and Mulan's daughter, badass warrior princess who would never let anyone take her for granted. That's what Jay liked about her the most, she was confident in herself, yet so down to earth.

"Am i in trouble?" Jay asked.
Lonnie chuckled and motioned to Ben.

"No, guys, I just need your help." Ben said.

"What is it, Ben?" Lonnie questioned.

"I need you two to go on a mission." Ben stated. Jay and Lonnie shared looks, but neither of them could say anything since Ben continued talking. "A mission to the Isle."

"What? No, Lonnie's not going to the Isle." Jay said with a straight face.

"Um, Lonnie gets to choose herself." Lonnie responded and got back to Ben. "Go on."

Jay glared at Lonnie, but the girl wasn't paying attention to him.

"You need to bring Genie's lamp back to Auradon. It has been lost for many years. Well, more like 20 years, but you know what I mean."

"How do you know It's on the Isle?" Lonnie asked.

"Well, Fairy Godmother, with her wand, can keep track of everything, everywhere but Isle. We've been searching for the lamp for past year but so far we have no success. We assumed it was stuck on the Isle. It couldn't have just disappeared in the thin air."

"Yeah, not like it's a Genie's lamp or anything, right?" Jay said sarcastically. Lonnie chuckled. Ben let out a quiet laugh.

Mulan's daughter seemed very excited about their mission, but she didn't know what danger the Isle really was. But Jay did. That's why he didn't want Lonnie to go with him. Yeah, Lonnie had been on an Isle for once, but it was for two hours and she didn't have to face everything there.

"When are we going?" Lonnie asked and looked out the window.

"We aren't going anywhere, Lonnie." Jay stated and caused her astonishment.

"You don't get to tell me." Lonnie replied. Jay opened his mouth to say something, but Lonnie cut him off. "I won't hear it, Jay. If I choose to go, I go. You can choose to go or not, too."

Jay rolled his eyes and looked at Ben for help. He shook his shoulders.

"We chose you two because you were the only ones fitting for this mission. And also, because, well... nobody else volunteered. Of course we will understand if you decide to not go." Ben explained and sat down on his chair.

"I wanna go. I'm sure I can do this. Also I really wanna see the Isle." Lonnie exclaimed.

"You don't want to, believe me." Jay said under his breath and rolled eyes. Lonnie didn't pay much attention to his comments.

"What about you, Jay?" Ben asked.

"If she goes - I go." Jay stated and looked at Lonnie, worriedly.
«Lonnie needs someone to guide and protect her,» he thought to himself. «I'm gonna be that someone.»

"Perfect. Thank you, guys, I really appreciate your help. Remember, If you need anything, you can contact us from there. Your phones are gonna be perfectly working even there." Ben told them and smiled as he clapped.

"So when are we leaving?" Jay asked.

"Today."

"Seriously?" Lonnie gasped.
Ben apologised and nodded.

Jay and Lonnie left Ben's office and went straight to their dorm rooms. Before Lonnie could go into her room Jay caught her arm and pulled her back.

"Isle is not as fascinating as you make it sound." He whispered. "It's dangerous, frightening, risky and dark. So be ready for it."

Lonnie looked at him with eyes wide open. Jay let go of her arm and left for his dorm room.