"Katie!" Vaugh called. "Fish!"

Then I realized something was pulling on my string, so I sat up quickly and pulled it so hard that the goddamn fish flew right above my head, falling on the grass behind me, while I stared, eyes wide open, as it struggled.

"Holy he- I got a fish!" I yelled, running towards it. "What do I do?"

"Grab it!" Shawn laughed.

Hunter and the girls ran over to me to help, and we put it together with the rest of the fishes.

"See, I told you." Hunter chuckled.

"That was a big fish!" Aurora smiled.

"You had to see the face you made!" Steph laughed.

"I had no idea what to do." I laughed along with them.

"We better go home now. With all this noise, we scared all the fishes away. Luckily we got enough for dinner." Shawn stood up.

Back in the house, while Steph, Hunter and Shawn made dinner, me and the girls laid down on the living room, watching TV. Aurora sat down on the couch behind me, braiding my hair, while Mur and Vaugh laid their heads on my lap and ended up falling asleep. Soon enough, I realized Au was laying down on the couch; she played with my hair until she fell asleep. I smiled wide, looking at them. Hunter and Steph came to pick them and put them in their room, so Shawn sat down beside me.

"Those girls already love you." He smiled.

"I know. I love them already, too." I smiled as well.

"Hunter and Steph, they love you too. Both of them. Y'know, Hunter never ever mentioned giving you up, but Steph... She made sure he'd keep fighting for your guard."

"She's a sweetheart." I smiled, looking down at my hands. "I never thought she'd be that nice to me."

"She always knew about you, ever since they started dating. Besides me and Hunter, she was the person that wanted you to be with him the most." He took a deep breath. "I remember when Hunter saw you for the first time. He couldn't stop crying. And it was way worse when your mother told him he could never see you again. Look, I know it must be shit to grow up without a father, but it's not his fault. I mean, it was no one's fault, your mother was hurt too. But give him a chance. He might look strong, but when it comes to family... He's a sensible little shit." He chuckled.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"No problems, sweetheart. And if you need anything, I'm here for you. And I mean anything. I'm your Uncle Shawn, alright?" He chuckled, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"I'll just have to get used to calling you Uncle Shawn." I said, and we both laughed.

I heard chuckles up the hallway, and we turned around to see Steph and Hunter coming downstairs.

"So, they're sleeping?" I asked, as they sat down with us.

"Yes. They'll wake up for dinner." Steph smiled. "Did you enjoy going fishing?"

"Yeah, it was pretty fun." I nodded, with a smile.

"It wasn't bad for a first time." Hunter joked, so all of us laughed.

"I'll go take a shower, I'm smelling fish." I chuckled, standing up.

"Okay, I'll go call you when dinner's ready." Steph smiled.

After a long and relaxing warm shower, I laid down on the bed, letting out a long breath. I reached for my bag and took a letter that was inside one of the pockets. After getting comfy in bed, I started reading.