When It's Dark

A/N: This one-shot is gonna be written a bit differently than the others (i.e. a drabble), so I hope you enjoy. Leave feedback in the comments and remember to request a story! ❤️

When it's dark, the Wildlings come out to play.

When it's dark, everything falls silent.

When it's dark, you can't help but cause trouble. 

After you would finish your supper in the Great Hall with the Starks and your family, you would go up to the east tower, where your chamber was, to relax before your nightly walk through Castle Black's gardens. You would always sit at a window overlooking all of Winterfell.

You couldn't believe your eyes when you saw how dark Winterfell got at night. It was like nothing you had ever seen before. Yes, there were fires going in the village huts. Yes, the taverns and brothels of Winterfell made the most noise at night. But the darkness you saw wasn't about lights and fires. It was about the countless pirates ravaging the taverns unsuccessfully; the women screaming when they stumble upon a rotting body in the roads; the rats that ate at the flesh of the dead. That was the darkness you saw. And that was the darkness you felt within you. 

You never knew why you had a need for causing trouble everywhere you went. You didn't mind it either; most of the villagers were terrified of you and stayed out of your way when you went into the poor parts of Winterfell. 

Somehow, Jon Snow felt an attraction to you that he had never felt before. He felt like he could change you. He thought that if he could turn you good, you would see his feelings for you and you would stay good for him. He could hope, he could wish, he could dream. And little did he know, his dream might come true. 

~

You were sitting at your window, overlooking Winterfell once again when you heard a knock on your chamber door. Before turning around, the unknown person entered your room. 

"Good evening, Lady (Y/N). Would you like some company for your walk in the gardens?" You turned around to be greeted by Jon Snow. 

You may have been a troubled girl, but the face of Ned Stark's bastard son would always shine some light into your soul. 

"That would be lovely, Snow." You smile, knowing that Jon gets flustered when you call him by his last name.

The two of you walked to the gardens, the lights of the fires around Castle Black lit up the garden. It began to lightly rain as the two of you walked through the winding paths. Eventually, Jon's hand found their way to yours, fingers intertwined. 

You broke the silence, "You know, causing trouble can be fun, but when I'm with you, I can't help but want to be good. I want to see the happy side of everything, not the dark in everything." You looked down and frowned, thinking to yourself about how you probably fucked everything up just now.

"(Y/N)," You noticed Jon's lack of formalities; which was strange enough, "that is truly wonderful."

You looked up to see Jon smiling at you, your hands still connected. 

"Now it's my turn to confess if that is what we are doing now." Jon's smile slowly faded as he speaks. You can see the fear and nervousness in his eyes.

"And what is it you need to confess, Jon Snow?" You smugly smiled at him, trying to lighten the atmosphere a bit.

"I love you, (Y/N) of House (House of Choice). I have from the moment I first laid eyes on you. And I will always love you." Jon's face was expressionless. 

"And I love you, Jon Snow." You smile and continue to walk, hand-in-hand, with Jon Snow.