“Look Brooke what happened between me and Kadence is our business to deal with not for you to bring your slutty ass over here and try and make her do something we both know she is uncomfortable with.”  Nick screamed back at Brooke with clenched jaws you could see how much he hated her just by the way he glared at her. 

“Both of you knock this shit off!  Nick we will always be friends, that won’t ever change.  Brooke my answer is yes for this weekend ok!  Now can we get to the food I’m starved!”  I shouted at both of them before anything was taken to the next level.  Everyone knew Nick hated Brooke, he knew she was always bringing guys around that didn’t exactly fall in the category of romance.  I knew exactly why he was so hesitant of me going, but I was single so it was time to have some fun. 

                Lunch went by quickly and all I wanted to do was just get home.  I really wasn’t in the mood to deal with Nick for the next three classes.  I let out a sigh hoping that I could calm my nerves before I walked into my next class.  Surprisingly Nick left me alone throughout the rest of the day.  I was glad he was finally deciding to give me time to breath.  I knew he was upset about what he did, but who forgives their boyfriend after sleeping with the class slut.  I mean should I take some of the blame, I was still a virgin and I had made him wait for such a long time already.  Was I the cause of all this?  Did I push him to sleeping with one of the easiest people in our school?  Should I really think about getting back together with him?  The whole student body pretty much hated me during our relationship, the girls despised me.  He was the hottest guy in school pretty much and he ran the senior and junior halls like a king.  He had the most beautiful tan skin from his years of playing baseball, anytime you couldn’t find that boy he was somewhere by a dugout.  His body was so defined from any angle you looked at him, you could see each muscle outline itself with every move he made.  All the girls wanted him but all he wanted was me, maybe Devyn was right, maybe I should let him explain.  He had the most beautiful green eyes with a full head of chocolate brown hair, which of course always looked like he just rolled out of bed.  What was I thinking, this was a joke.  Was I seriously trying to blame this on myself again?  You have to stop doing this to yourself Kadence stop putting everything on yourself, he made the mistake.  That was it, Kadence you’re going to this party and you will enjoy yourself. 

                As soon as the last bell rang I flew out of class making my way to the girl’s locker room.  As I was walking to get ready for practice Sadie caught up to me.  “Hey so you serious about this weekend?  You’re not going to flake because of well you know the whole break up?”  Sadie looked nervous to see what I was going to say to her.  Before I got ready to answer I saw Nick staring at me from the corner of my eye with some of the guys from the baseball team, “Yeah Sadie you guys can count me in, it’s time to let myself have some fun.”  I glanced over at the boys and I could just feel a little smirk form across my face.  I quickly got to the locker room so I could get ready for some volleyball practice.  Sports were something I kept myself involved with, it always took my mind to another place.  It was just me and the court no more heart ache, no more dreadful childhood memories, and no more problems.  It was my space to let go and relax, lets’ face it that’s desperately what I needed.  I had this last year coming up to make the most of everything.  In June of next year I was going to be a high school graduate with no idea what I wanted to do with my life.  I had originally wanted to do nothing but dance for a living until I lost my mom to limes disease.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  My alarm had went off three different times because I had to be up so early to start getting ready.  My mom had been getting worse over the last several months, she tried to hide it but it wasn’t lost on me that she didn’t have much time left.  The more she got sick the more we would fight and each time I would hate myself for it.  We had gotten into a fight that morning after I had my hair all done and make up finished.  It was the biggest competition of my life and she wasn’t going to make it, I didn’t have time to apologize because my ride had finally showed up.  I remember I had to land a repeated la seconde turn in the dance that I was beyond nervous to do.  I ended up not landing the very last turn causing us to get second place.  When I had gotten home it was silent and all the lights were off.  I walked in to see my mom in bed I had assumed she was sleeping at the time.  As time went on I finally got up to check on her and all I felt was stiff ice.

                One of my team mates slammed their locker next to me making me jump back trying to shake the image of my mom.  I happened four years ago when I was thirteen, and I felt lost I had no idea what to do once high school was over.  Volleyball and soccer were just for fun, I never actually wanted to continue playing later on and I wasn’t sure what other options in life would make me happy.  I felt my friend Heather grab my shoulder as she sat down next to me.  “Sullivan, I think maybe you should skip practice today, whatever is on your mind it has your head somewhere else.”  I knew she was just trying to look out for me but I couldn’t miss practice we had a big game coming up against Thompson High, I had to be ready for it.  I threw my towel over my shoulder and helped her up, I wasn’t going to bail on my team mates for bad memories.  As soon as I got on the court, everything else faded away, I was at my happy place now.  I was killing it at practice, I pictured the ball as Brianna’s face, that stupid slut that ruined my only good relationship.  If only she wasn’t the ball, the things I would do to her to show her how mad I am at her.  My spikes were right on point from keeping my mind on that stupid bitch, if I thought of her that way during the game we would definitely take the win.  After practice I cleaned myself up and prepared myself to make one last sprint to my car so I wouldn’t run into Nick.  I just couldn’t listen to what he had to say at this point, I wasn’t ready.  Heather walked out first giving me what we called a three point wave, once she shook her hand three times it meant the coast was clear of Nick.

                The weekend came quicker than I had wanted it too, we each had told our parents that Brooke was having a sleepover so we didn’t have much to explain.  My Uncle was Mr. overprotective, it wasn’t me he didn’t trust, it was just a group of teenage girls he didn’t trust.  Every time I went to hang out with my friends it was always “Now listen here sweetums, you better behave yourself and not be getting yourself into too much trouble you hear me?”  Earlier in the week I had brought some clothes to school and gave them to Devyn so she could pack them for me.  I didn’t want to go through the whole speech as to why I was dressed like that.  I loved my aunt and uncle to death but they were very old fashioned when it came to clothes.  Sometimes I wasn’t even allowed to wear a sundress because my uncle felt it showed off too much.  As soon as my Aunt dropped me off at Brooke’s, I quickly ran upstairs to start getting ready.  I had decided on some jean shorts, with a white tube top and small black cardigan.  I paired the ensemble with a pair of black flip flops and curled my hair a little.  Devyn had ended up wearing a black tank top with a pair of light blue jean shorts.  Brooke and Sadie were lucky to even have all their female assets covered.  It was clear what their goal was tonight, Brooke was a shorter image of a Barbie doll.  She had the long blonde hair that she put brown streaks through with bright baby blue eyes.  She was shorter than the rest of us and had the perfect curved body.  Sadie was just a bit taller than Brooke, she always kept her light caramel brown hair straight.  Her eyes were a stunning light green that sometimes looked blue and she had the most petite figure a girl could ever want.  It was about a quarter to nine when we were finally all ready.  We all quickly piled into to Sadie’s car and took off to Nate Peter's party.  As we got closer the nerves in my stomach started to get worse every second.  I had no idea what I was getting into, I just hoped I had made the right decision.