spicy chicken, bitter soju and sad tears

Start from the beginning

"Ne, ne, TAG oppa," she says smiling slightly thinking about how this 21 years old boy is so childish and yet he is older than her.

"Let's do a cheer for a good year ahead and a good friendship that would last for a long time," suggests Mari whose small glass was already filled with the new bottle of soju making it their fifth bottle.

Soon after that, the fifth bottle turned into the sixth, seventh, eighth and then lastly the total of thirteen bottles including the ones from before. The clock which indicated the time 10:30 before is showing the time to be 11:15 now. The chicken shop which is closing in about 30 minutes had no customers except the four friends which would continue to drink without any problems and would eat the chicken without any problems. The waiter who was left all by himself to clean up the mess watches them with an interest and also curiosity as he stares at the brown hair girl without making it too obvious to notice by her or her friends. He continues to clean the tables and the counter top and makes small glance toward the loud group who were busy enjoying themselves. He continues to take small glances toward the clock and wonder when will they go? After finishing off with his chorus he stares at the four people group where her smiles shine the brightest.

"Let start heading out," suggest Mira who has finished eating her last piece of chicken which is the seventh plate including this one.

"Yeah," agrees Hyri who is already ready to head out as she takes the final shot of her drink and the same goes for TAG and Y who is also ready to head out and head home.

Soon they are all ready and are ready to head out without any second thoughts. They pick up their garbage and leave the rest for the poor waiter who would have to do this all by himself as his friend has ditched him even though it was his family store. One by one they all leave the waiter by himself.

"Thank you," says Hyri with a loud voice and leaves the chicken store without noticing the redding in the waiter small and innocent face.

The waiter watches her go and her friends who have now split up and to his horror, he watches her go with him. The black hair boy who seemed like an athlete making him wonder if she likes athlete guys? He watches her go with her bright yet innocent smile which always seems to cheer him up. He continues to watch her go until she is out of his sight and alone with him. Soon after that, he proceeds with his cleaning and wonders what will she be doing now?

*** Hyri pov ***

My heart which was beating at its normal rate before was beating twice the fast. Every second we are together, my heart seems to beat even more. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I look at him through the corner of my eye and watch him look straight ahead without any problems making me face the reality. The reality that he doesn't like me.

"So how is Sooyoung?" I asked breaking the silence in between us. But the last thing that I want to do is talk about her. The love of his life, Kim Sooyoung whom he has been crushing since our freshman year and has finally got the guts to ask her out when I realise my feelings for this idiot.

"We broke up,"

I froze up at my place not knowing what to do, comfort my best friend whom I have feelings for or take this incident as my only chance to ever confess to him?

And I decide to confess to him.

"Choi Sung Yoon. I have something to say," I mumble still frozen at my place only this time I am facing him. "This might not be the best time but I like y-"

"Don't finish what you are saying. I know," he whispers but in the middle of the quiet road where no one is here except us made it impossible to whisper making it seem like he is speaking normally.

"You know?"

"Yes. I found out about it when I heard you talk about with Mari. But Hyri I have also thought of you like a little sister and I don't want to lose a precious friend so can we just forge-"

"forget that this incident took place and act like normal?" I say interrupting his sentence.

"Yes."    

And with that one word my heart broke into tiny little pieces. But what was I expecting? Was I expecting him to say yes and we would go out and have our own happing ending? Yes. Was I expecting him to say that he loves me too? Yes.

I guess he still likes Sooyoung, just doesn't want to accept it.

"Me too. Choi SungYoon me too. Let's act like this never happen," before I could give him the chance to talk, I continue. "Let's go separately from here," I suggest and walk away not waiting for his reply.

"Bye!' he shouts breaking the silence and a few seconds later a small breeze of wind went past her as they were feeling sorry for her and most of all pity.

Was I waiting for him to stop me? Yes. Did I want to leave him? No.

After knowing that I am far away from him and that he isn't coming back. I took a place on the park bench where there was no one except me. And before I know it all the tears which I have been holding on to start to flow without any pauses. Maybe it hurts more than I expect it to.

When suddenly, I notice a tall shadow in front of me.

Holding out his black jacket for me in his right hand and a tissue in his left.

He feels exactly like the chicken store, warm and cosy.

AUTHOR NOTE

How was the first chapter??? Hope that it was good enough....