Chapter Six - Round Five

Chapter Six

                                                 Noah’s Point of View

          The entire day was hell for me. Every girl flocked me with their bouncy hairs and bombarded me with stupid questions.

          ’Oh my God Noah! You are so lucky!’

          ‘What’s going to happen to the school paper now?’

          ‘Is it true you’re already dating Ryan?’

          ‘Are you renouncing your place as the editor in chief?’

          ‘What brand of make-up do you use?’

          ‘How did you attract Ryan?’

          Knee him in the groin, that’s the secret.

          P.E. was the one period I could let all my anger out and tennis was of great help. I was never great in Tennis; I was okay but never awesome at it. But now, thinking that that green neon ball was Banks’ face, I couldn’t be any better.

          “Woah, woah! Holman! Ease up!” Scooter yelled from the other side of the court. “Your hits fly like rockets!”

          “Sorry!” I cried back. “I want it rough today, Scooter. Can you give me that?”

          He shrugged. “Anything for you babe! You do realize that request can extend to other activities, right?”

          “I’ll take a rain check on that one!” I said with a chuckle.

          We played ball again, a little fierce and intense this time Scooter was barely keeping up but he managed to return my throws. Someone jogged from the side to our court I recognized it to be Matt from my peripheral peek.

          “Hey, Holman!” Matt cried. “I’ve been looking all over for you! Where’ve you been?”

          “Nailing Banks!” I replied as I hit the one that came with all the force I got. “Had so much fun!”

          “Yeah, so I’ve heard!” He said. “You do realize he’s gonna take revenge for that, don’t you?”

          I snorted as I returned another hit. “And I’m supposed to care?”

          He chuckled. “Just a little heads up my friend. He might be the quiet type but he’s an impossible enemy. You won’t like the cost of dealing against him.”

          I called break, thanked Scooter and walked over to Matt. “Maybe difficult but not impossible, Matt... He’s what… stronger and richer? Well, I don’t give a fucking damn because I’m angrier.”

          “That’s my girl.” He mused.

          The intercom cut everybody off with what they’re doing and made all listen to it. ‘Good afternoon students of Notre Dame, this is your principal Elise Nolan and I’ve a few reminders to those who have been chosen this year.

          I grunted once I realized the concern of the sudden interruption and punched Matt at the shoulder as an evident proof.

          ‘To the six love hopefuls: Kathryn Jones, Eva Miller, Kasey Whitlock, Alyssa Tudor, Cassandra Fleming, and… Noah, Noah Holman, please prepare for your two-month stay at the Villa De la Notre Dame. The school’s RV is going to fetch you at your houses tomorrow before lunch. That is all, thank you.’