Foreword

Foreword

A/N: (This whole page is just a slightly self-indulgent Author's Note. Skip ahead and continue with the story if you like!)

This is the third book in my Transylvanian Transformation series, but it's okay if you want to read it first. The first two books are titled Prettiest Vampire and Bride of the Wolf, and take place at the same time and place as Frauleinstein. You can read them in any order really, although I would definitely recommend that you read all three eventually "^_^"

Frauleinstein was meant to pick up the story of Steve Frank from where we left him in the second book, Bride of the Wolf. Except as I write this I'm already halfway through writing the book and Steve hasn't even made an appearance yet! As sometimes happens to me, I have found myself intrigued by another character, in this case Roddy Williams.

Roddy showed up, very briefly, in both of the previous two books. He just passes through both stories, barely mentioned in PV, then has a few lines in BotW, and in both he appears to be little more than a doddering old man. But I kept wondering what he could possibly be up to when he walks off the page. Then as I started writing Frauleinstein, Roddy took a firm grip and so far has refused to let go. He was only supposed to get a prologue!

The other thing that has happened in this story is that Roddy has refused to be funny. I tried to make him a tired old man, in over his head trying to fight monsters. Except instead, he wrestled the story away from me and became an action hero! He's like, James Bond meets Frankenstein! So except for the occasional wisecrack, this story so far is not heading toward the humour category.

If you're a Steve fan, please know that Steve is definitely in this book and his story will continue! He's just going to have to fight for time on the pages. Perhaps when he shows up I'll salvage my reputation as a writer of humour, though.

As always, please, please, please comment! I always reply to every comment, and I really want to hear what you think!

xox,
Lori 

 Update: I'm coming to the three-quarter mark on this story, and yes, Steve has made an appearance! And he is everything you would expect Steve to be. Well actually, he's nothing you would expect him to be, although he is amusing! Even Roddy is trying to throw in a bit of dry wit once in a while just to keep you amused  "^_^"