"The only way to eliminate all other magic be to take possession of every magical item. Maleficent, for example, is nothing without her scepter. It's a brilliant idea." Haden took my hand in his. "Let me show you something." He winked and led me away from where we had been pondering.

I was curious as to why he insisted on targeting Maleficent first. She was extremely powerful and an obvious choice, but it seemed like he had his own personal vendetta against her.

Haden directed me towards a a patch of dry bushes and let go of my hand. He stood behind me as blue flames flowed through his veins. After a moment of silent concentration he was able to to create life from fire.

     Small fish were born from the bushes before me, seeming to swim around and mingle amongst themselves

Small fish were born from the bushes before me, seeming to swim around and mingle amongst themselves. They looked as if they were made out of magic, not fire, because of how beautiful and intricate they were. The bushes acted as the bottom of a fish tank. Each leaf slowly began to slowly burn from exposure to Haden's fiery fish.

"Haden that's.." I gasped in awe of the scene. I'd never seen anything like this before nor imagined such a sight.

"Amazing right? Thank you." I turned around to face the grinning demigod, whose fingers maneuvered like a puppeteer's would. He made each individual fish dance around my body, one by one abandoning the bush to greet me.

     "It took me a while to learn, but I can make any animal out of fire. If I try hard enough, I could even create a person." He boasted as his eyes began to emit a blue hue onto his cheeks. It seemed that my happiness brought him joy. When I smiled so did he, and vice versa. It was as if I'd taken a vacation to wonderland.

     Haden began to produce even more creatures, including deer and rabbits. The trees around us glowed a ghostly blue, as did the large buck before me. The bunnies jumped over each other playfully, and the deer seemed to frolic in a circle around us, weaving in and out of trees.

     "This was how I passed the time. I would tease my father's Cerberus by creating cats or squirrels. I'd drive him mad, causing him to run into walls or destroy the furniture." He grinned and allowed his animals to sizzle away and fade into the night.

"Thank you for that." I tucked loose hair behind my ear and stepped closer to him. "No one's ever done that for me before." My heart was beating rampantly within my chest. I was captivated by his every move, and by his sad childhood stories.

     Haden smiled and casually cracked his knuckles.

     "I thought fish would be appropriate since you're half mermaid." He winked, and in that moment I realized that we were polar opposites. He could wield fire, and I could control water; such elements should never mix, however he and I seemed to create a profound bond tonight. He was urgent to have me as his queen, and something within me warned that either Hades or Maleficent was behind it somehow.

"The Isle is my playground. I don't know if anyone more powerful than me exists here to be honest. My father thought I could torture and torment the people of the Isle to prove that I'm like him. You and Harry were my target earlier, even though I'd seen you both before. When you two entered the market I happened to be-"

"—Looming in the shadows like a creep, waiting for the perfect time to strike?" I shrugged, and traced my fingertips down his arm until I reached his hand. Haden didn't say anything, but he nodded slightly and stared down at our hands.

   "Would we have a castle?" I whispered.

"Just a castle? Imagine an entire kingdom. Erina, we could rename the whole Isle after us. I'm practically a god. With some help, we can gain  loyal worshippers. We can do whatever we want with whoever we want."

"That does sound nice."

"And I'll burn anyone who dares look at you the way I aspire to." Haden whispered, and closed the gap between our bodies. His low eyes were full of passion and desperation. "I promise." He pleaded softly.

It was a vague dream of mine to have an entire kingdom to myself. I wanted to sit upon a menacing throne complete with spikes and ancient ruined carved in the stonework. I could practically imagine it now. I saw a large throne room, with blue torches lining the walls, and an elegant rug leading up to where I sat beside to my king... Harry.

I knew who I was destined to be with, however it would be impossible to turn down Haden's offers. I'd found out everything I need to from him — the barrier has a crack in it. I could turn away now, and return to life with Harry with my new knowledge.

By the look on Haden's face he knew what I was thinking. I turned to decline his offer, only to be stopped by something burning into the side of my neck like a hot iron. Clasping a hand onto my neck I gasped in agony. Harry was the furthest thing from my mind now as I tried to ease the searing pain I felt.

"W-What did you just do—"

Haden placed a finger to his lips. "Shhh."

I found myself physically unable to look away from his fiery glare. I was completely paralyzed, and forced to watch Haden's every move. I tried to cry out but I couldn't. What did you do to me Haden?

   Since he was a demigod, everything he said and did was intensified, as well as everything I felt towards him. Because of the unknown pain he'd afflicted on my neck, I was slowly beginning to forget about Harry — and that was exactly what he wanted. He was corrupting me from the inside out but I wasn't aware of it; it was as if I was under some sort of spell. My mind was racing but nothing was making any sense.

     Haden was beginning to show me just how evil the son of Hades could be...
__________________________________
A/N: The reason why I keep including gifs of Haden is so you can get a better idea of what he looks like. You all know what Harry looks like so he doesn't need a ton of gifs :)

If you hate Haden, leave a vote!
If you love Haden, leave a vote!
If you miss Harry, leave a vote!

{ edited }