Robert the doll

Mom and I have been touring Boston, last stop was a museum. The only thing I was looking forward to was the haunted doll. I've heard stories about him, never did I believe any of them. I don't believe in the supernatural.

We drove down the busy streets, finding a decent parking spot. I excitedly got out of the car, rushing my mom to get inside.
We walked into the museum, and the doll caught my eye.

I took out my phone approaching the doll. An eerie shiver ran down my body as I approached the supposed haunted doll.

It was a strange looking doll, with what looked like a sailor outfit, it's face reminded me of a monkey. It held a teddy bear in its hands.

How could something so innocent looking, be evil, be possessed at that. Well I guess looks can be deceiving.

I pressed the camera app on my phone snapping a quick photo, and then the sign caught my eye.

ASK FOR PERMISSION TO TAKE PICTURES.

My heart dropped, I mean what the hell! I didn't believe in that stuff but I couldn't help but believe that I had just made the biggest mistake of my life.

I stood there completely frozen and felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped looming behind me to see my mom. She, on the other hand was extremely superstitious.

"You OK honey?" she asked me with a concerned look. I nodded my head
"just thinking"

She looked at the doll and took my hand. She directed me to another exhibit, which calmed my nerves well. I dreamed about becoming an archeologist so naturally all of this stuff fascinated me.

                   ______________

After an hour or so we left the museum, it was dark outside already. I got into the car, feeling extremely paranoid, my head rested on the Window, I closed my eyes and dosed off.

A vibration woke me up, which I realized to be my phone. It was a number I didn't recognise, I answered with a shaky and quiet

"Hello?" I said.

"Kaylee listen to me!" I heard mom on the other side of the line
"stay in the car whatever you do! Lock the doors!" she said, her voice trembling with fear and tears.
"Mom what's going on!" I said, started to shake
"I can't-" she began and was cut off by a blood curling scream.
I screamed
"mom! Mom please answer"

The line went dead.

I breathed heavily, putting my hands on my head, quickly locked the car seeing the keys were still in the ignition. I climbed over to the driver seat, my eyes heating up with tears of fear.

My foot pushed the pedal and I started driving. I have to go get help, call the police. I drove and drove for about an hour, trying to think straight. Finally I stopped in an abandoned parking lot, pulled my phone out and dialed 911.

"911 what's your emergency" a lady answered.
"Hello um my mom has been kidnapped" I say but then the line cut off.

I looked down at my phone in disbelief. The screen started to glitch, the apps moving in a twitching way, lines of black twitching as well. Then a face appeared, it was that doll, that god damned doll! It stared at me, not moving at all, my heart raced as I looked around. I grabbed the car keys and got out of the car, leaving my phone, I ran and ran.

Never have I been so scared before in my life. Tears streamed down my face, I didn't even know where I was. What city or state I was in. Mom was gone, probably dead.

I tripped over a root and fell, hitting my head on the cement and then went unconscious.

My head feels like its been cut open. I find myself laying, in the middle of a room. It was a white room, no windows, not nothing. I was strapped down to a gurney. My eyes wandered until I saw the doll, he stood in the middle of the room.

It's all a dream! Pretty soon I'll wake up and be in the car with Mom. Tears started falling from my eyes, I'm so scared. I felt his presence, getting closer to me.

A hand covered my mouth, I tried to scream.

"screaming won't save you know" a cruel voice laughed...

Kaylee and her mother both went missing, no trace even the car went missing. And still today they have not been found.