Ranee squeezed his mothers hand as he watched his fathers slow precise walk across the room until he stopped before the bed. His father the placed the two halves of his sisters body in his mothers arms and left the room.

There Ranee sat with his mother for hours while she cried silently, shaking as each new set of tears racked her body with pain. He ordered the servants to remove his sisters body, and get his mother cleaned up all the while comforting his mother as much as he could. Finally his mother spoke.

Her name was Annabelle. Your sisters name was Annabelle. Do not forget her. She was named for your great great grandmother, she was truly a remarkable person. She filled everyone around her with love and compassion.” his mothers voice was small, and heartbroken. It cracked from all the tears. “Ranee, my son you are good. I do not wish you to live the life that your father has planned for you. I want you to leave here. But first you must promise me one thing.”

Anything, anything non.” Ranee whispered.

Kill me, I do not wish to watch another child be taken from me, I will not endure being raped time and time again by that man. Kill me and Flee, go to the Black Woods you may find Sanctuary there. Please.” the request broke her heart, she hated to ask so much of her son but she knew that he would not do it unless she asked.

Mom, come with me! I will help you, I will hunt, I will carry you. Just don't make me do it mother, please don't make me kill you.” he begged, even though he knew that his pleas were useless.

Ranee, you know that I wouldn't make it. I don't stand a chance here, please do this for me. It will be quick just slit my throat and run. Run and don't look back.” her pleading expression pierced straight through to Ranee's soul, he knew that his mother was right she was to weak to escape. He also knew that she would refuse to go if she though that her presence would slow him down. He could not let her suffer.

With a quick kiss to her forehead he slit her throat and ran. He ran through his tears as fast as he could towards the Black Woods, away from the father and the city that had controlled his life.

End Flash Back...

“Ranee, Ranee look they are perfect. Only one is solid black though do you want to come see them?” Mis's sweet voice pulled him out of his dark thoughts.

“Is it okay? I won't hurt them?” he asked hesitantly, finally noticing that Amisian had long since removed his large head, and was attending to his new pups, and mate.

“Ranee get over here! Star and Amisian assure me that you can't hurt them.” Mis comanded through her laughter as the pup in her arms tried to wiggle closer to the sound of his voice, “Look this one likes you. She has this weird white collar, I think that it is cute, all jagged like.”

Taking the pup gently he brought her close to him and his body heat, so she would stay warm. It caught him by surprise when she snuggled in deeper, and sighed.

'Warm, safe, home.' he thought he heard someone say. Looking around though he could not find anyone speaking.

'Warm, safe, home' it came again, only this time it was softer, almost like a whisper. Again he looked around, and again no one was speaking.

“Uh Mis?” he questioned, “when can Black Knights speak to their companions?”

“I am not sure.” she turned to her Abwa, “ when can they?”

“Well some early as birth but normally not until they are a week or two old. Why do you ask?” she spoke resting her gaze on the pup in his arms.

“Oh it is nothing, I am just hearing things” he brushed off.

“What things child?” Abwa spoke with a gleam in her eye.

“Just 'warm, safe, home' over and over again.” Ranee answered shyly.

“Ranee, child I want you to open your mind to Star. Send her your questions, and wait for an answer.” Abwa instructed.

'Star, uh can you hear me? Is this pup my companion?' he asked slowly unsure of what he was supposed to do.

'Of course I can hear you. I have always been able to hear you. You just could never hear me. And yes I do believe that Annabelle is yours...'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES I UPLOADED!!!! I want to warn you all though that this was a painful upload. It has been months since I have looked at this story. I am not sure how often uploads are going to be. It is a story that interests me, but right now I have so many other projects going on that this a kinda a back burner.

I have one chapter left that I have not up-loaded so I will try to work on that at somepoint this week, but I am not going to make any promises.