Bible Study!

©tto

Six Reasons why non-tithers become "poor"

1. Because they have nothing to harvest (Hosea 8:7)

"They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind. The stalk has no head; it will produce no flour. Were it to yield grain, foreigners would swallow it up."

Hosea 8:7 (NIV)

2. Because they do not attract blessing on their lives (Malachi 3:16)

"Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name."

Malachi 3:16 (NIV)

And Jacob said to Pharaoh, “The years of my pilgrimage are a hundred and thirty. My years have been few and difficult, and they do not equal the years of the pilgrimage of my fathers.”

Genesis 47:9 (NIV)

3. Because they are cursed (Malachi 3:8-9)

“Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me.

Malachi 3:8‭-‬9 (NIV)

4. Because devourers constantly eat their wealth (Malachi 3:11)

I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty.

Malachi 3:11 (NIV)

5. Because the fruits of their fields are constantly destroyed (Malachi 3:11)

6. Because they lose their fruits before they get a chance to harvest (Malachi 3:11) (Proverbs 10:22) (Psalm 128:2)

The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, without painful toil for it.

Proverbs 10:22 (NIV)

You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.

Psalm 128:2 (NIV)