Chapter 1

Savannah's POV     

Wow, life is amazing right now, how could this get any better?

              I thought this to myself on my fall school break as my friends and I were driving back to our condo after a long, but fun day at the beach towns, shopping and restaurant hopping as we went. It was too cold to do anything other than just walk on the beach, but we made the most out of it. We're staying in Orlando, so we have a good hour trip back to the condo. We were in Kylie's jeep with the top down and music blasting down the highway. Me being the smallest, I'm in the middle seat between Avery and Taylor. Even though Cambrie is riding shotgun, I have the aux cord because I am in fact the aux queen. 

              When all of us are together, we are the funniest group of people you'd ever meet. Kylie's goofiness, Taylor's don't-give-a-fuck attitude, Cambrie's calm but quirky personality,  Avery's turnt-up self, and my spontaneous and sensitive personality all mesh together to form the perfect girl-power friendship. I would lay my life down for these girls. Except for when it comes to my nap times.

              "Savaaaannnnnaaaahhhhh, come onnn it'll be so much fun." Kylie whines through my closed door of my room. 

               We just gotten back from our beach day at around 5 PM and ya girl was exhausted. All I want to do at this moment is curl up with my Chick-Fil-A, watch some Dolan Twins videos, and knock out for the night. But apparently my friends think otherwise.

               At Universal Studios, just about 20 minutes away from where we're staying, they're having their annual Halloween Horror Nights. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE Halloween and stuff like that, but I was just too tired to even consider going. 

               "Savannah, you already spent money on your ticket and even you said it's what you were most excited about coming down here for," Kylie persists.

               She's right there, I had full intentions of going to Horror Nights when I bought the tickets before our school break; it's just that when I feel a nap coming on, I NEED that nap. 

               "We're leaving in 30 minutes with or without you." 

               That's where she got me. If there's anything stronger than my love for naps, it's my FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). I can't stand the thought of missing a laugh or an inside joke with my friends. 

               With that, I groan and roll out of bed. I pull my favorite grey leggings and a Florida Gators long sleeve shirt out of my suitcase. Once I have it on, I touch up my foundation and eyebrows and add some mascara to my eyelashes. I brush through my long brown hair and slip on my Nikes and meet my friends in the living room of our condo. I'm in the middle seat once again as we head to Universal. The traffic is insane given it's so close to Halloween. But it only adds to the excitement and buzz in the air. At this point in time, I'm still wishing I was in my bed watching the Dolan Twins on YouTube. The thing is, I couldn't say that in front of my friends. They'd laugh me right out of the car. They know I like the twins, they definitely know that I have the biggest crush I've ever had in my life on Grayson. They just don't see the hype and I'm not gonna waste my time trying to defend myself when I can just keep quiet and enjoy them by myself without them around to joke with me about it. 

               Even though we're staying less than half an hour from the theme park, it takes us more than an hour to get to Universal and into a parking spot. We finally do and pile out and head towards the entrance with our tickets. I'm expecting a fun night with my friends joking around, getting scared by the haunted houses, and just enjoying each other's company.