Emily had Kesse cuddled up against her when I came back into our room. She was rubbing his back gently,

"How's she doing?" She asked.

"She's alright. But we're definitely going to have to come up with a better explanation than 'He'll be ok'." I answered as I slid back down into the bed, "How's he doing?"

Emily smiled,

"He fell asleep almost instantly."

I sighed with relief, reaching up to run my hand through my hair,

"We knew he'd have nightmares. We knew the honeymoon period would end."

She reached her hand over to me, squeezing my forearm with her fingers,

"We did. And we'll handle it." When I looked at her, she smiled, "Together."

----------------------

Albert Graves knew who I was before I walked through his door with my new son. Turns out he had a daughter who was a huge One Direction fan. He didn't ask me for any autographs but he was thrilled to meet me, Emily and Kesse.

We sat down in his office, which was curiously painted an icy blue color. He must have seen me looking because he waved his hand as he sat down,

"My wife...the decorator. She read in some magazine that ice blue helped people feel more serene. Which is really good for a psychologists office."

I nodded,

"Ah...makes sense."

Once we were all settled he explained to us what his methods were and how he could help Kesse open up more to us. He was also going to focus on Kesse's PTSD so the nightmares and screaming would lessen. I had to say, by the time he was done speaking, I felt like a 12 ton weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

He asked us to leave the room so he could work with Kesse one on one. Emily and I reassured our little boy that he would be fine when he looked a little uncomfortable to be left in a room with a man he didn't know. But Albert's wife walked in just as we were leaving and she had to be the most comforting woman I'd ever seen other than my mother. She introduced herself to Kesse and offered him her hand, which he took without hesitation.

Emily and I took the opportunity to go outside and talk. I leaned against the railing for the stairs while she paced back and forth in front of me,

"He's getting closer to talking. Right? You feel it too, that's not just me is it?"

"It's not just you." I reassured her.

"He just looks like he has something to say."

I giggled softly,

"I'm sure as a three year old little boy he's got loads to tell us." I leaned down to kiss her, "Relax."

"I'm relaxed." She said, her voice tight. When she saw my face she really did calm down, "I just don't want to hear him scream like that again. It was...heartbreaking."

"We're here to figure all that out."

"What'd Jeff say about the time off?"

"He wasn't happy about it. But he gets it. My family comes first."

"Has he said anything about announcing Kesse?"

"No. I think he's waiting on the green light from you if I'm being honest."

Jeff knew not to fuck with Emily. It sounds crass but it's true. Jeff knew that Emily ran a tight ship and he didn't cross her or test her. She allowed him to have me whenever he needed unless it interfered with something truly important and he knew that if it came down to a choice, I would choose my family so he didn't push.