Part Seven

Getting Emily to let her hair down seldomly happened. Sure, our bedroom activities were never boring, but she was a mom and as such she was always hyper aware of how she was being viewed. I knew she envied the fact that I was able to get up onstage and let loose, she always watched me with such fascination when she was at shows with me.

She needed this though. We needed this. No kids. No pressures. Just the two of us enjoying each other and being alive. I knew she was still struggling with everything Justin had told us. I was too. But I needed us to remember that whether this happened or not, we were still us. We would be alright.

Monaco for the week was exactly what we needed. Jeff had found us a little villa where we would be completely hidden from prying eyes. We were still close to the city for daytime activities, but the house definitely felt like we were tucked away from the world.

Emily seemed to relax the moment we entered the house. Her face, usually filled with tension, was bright and happy as she walked around to check things out while I put our bags in the bedroom. I couldn't wait to spoil her with amazing food and exciting nights on the Riviera.

She walked into the bedroom, her eyebrows quirking at the sight of the huge white four poster bed smack in the middle of the room,

"That's enticing."

I smiled,

"My thoughts exactly."

She tapped at her phone and put it to her ear,

"Hey. We're here."

I didn't have to hear the voice on the other end to know it was Niall. I pecked a kiss to the side of her head as I walked by, headed to the kitchen to check out the food situation. The refrigerator was stocked full of everything we could have possibly needed in order to never leave this house. I had to smile, at least Jeff knew what my plans were without me having to say anything.

Emily walked into the kitchen, clicking her phone off,

"Kids are ok. Noah's already in bed. Jessica and Lucy are doing each others nails."

I closed the refrigerator and turned to look at her,

"Sounds about right." I leaned over the counter to take her hand in mine, resting my elbows on the cold granite. I looked up at her, "Feels nice, yeah? Just me and you."

She leaned down as well,

"Feels great." She focused on our hands, "Look, I just wanted to say something." She looked back up at me, "So you know." Her head shook gently, "If this doesn't work out - I mean if he doesn't..." She stopped, "Come home. I'm not going to blame you. I would never blame you for that."

I looked down at our hands as well,

"Sometimes I think I might blame myself."

She lifted her hand, her fingers threading into my hair while I leaned down to kiss her fingers. I felt her mouth press into my hair,

"You are the best dad, Harry. I'm in awe when I see you with them." She smiled appreciatively when I looked up at her. I couldn't deny it, I loved hearing her love for my skills as a father. Because I was never quite confident when it came to that part. She rested her hand against my cheek, "I've said it before. You're the best decision I ever made."

The intensity in the room caused both of us to laugh. Her smile faded slowly though once she realized she was laughing,

"Feels..." She looked down, "Feels weird. Laughing. Feels like I'm not allowed to. Like I shouldn't be happy right now. I should be focused on the task."