Realization

So in the end, Dorothy got the honor of killing the Witch of the East but I killed the one from the west and got more phrase then she did. Even before we got back to Oz, both our names were being sung out with joy. And all the way back, I held Tin Man's hand without a care in the world as he couldn't take his eyes off me, his smile lazily happy.

When we got back to the wizard, I was still pretty frightened but good old Toto pulled through and showed us who the wizard truly was. Even though he was a normal man, he found a way to get Scarecrow a brain and Lion his long since needed courage. Then it was Tin Man's turn. Kind of fearful, I stood off to the side as the wizard directed his attention to my closest companion.

"As for you my galvanized friend, you want a heart, you don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable." Tin Man glanced at me briefly before turning back to the wizard. "But I-I still want one." Sticking to your dreams, atta boy Tin Man. I thought with a joyful smile.

So Tin Man got his heart, a wonderfully red heart shaped clock on a small fake daisy chain. As excited as a school boy, he showed everyone how it ticked and I slowly walked over until he noticed me and his joyful grin faltered to a gentle smile.

"It ticks Felicia." I nodded as he tenderly held it to my ear, I pulled back with a smile. "It's such a lovely sound." "Not half as lovely as you." He said with a wink, I giggled faintly, playfully hiding my lips behind my hand. The wizard raised an eyebrow with a knowing grin.

"It seems as though my gift may not have been needed." We both smiled gently as I pinned the clock to his chest and he pulled me into his side, arm around my waist, causing me to blush slightly. As everyone started walking along, we trailed behind.

"I wasn't lying about how lovely you are." He whispered, lips brushing against my ear. "I know, you charming chopper." He chuckled lightly before kissing my hand then my cheek, long and slow. My lips parted slightly he pulled back leaving me breathless. I looked into his gentle eyes and managed a smile.

"Why what a gentleman you are." I said, just like the first time we spoke. But this time, his reply was different.

"Only to you Felicia dearest, only to you." And my whole face went red as I started smiling like a lovesick school girl.