Chapter 1: Our Story Begins

Our story begins on the northern coast of Australia. Pretty grand for a senior trip, I know, but their school had really good boosters. It's the middle of the night in a small coastal town. A group of 6 teens are trying to be quiet, as they make their way to the docks. They manage to obtain a decent size aluminium fishing boat. They climb in, it's a bit of a tight squeeze, and as the moon reaches its peak they sail off into the night.

"We are so going to get caught" says Meg with a worried look on her face, as she paces the short length of the boat. "They could not let us graduate and my dad would kill me."

"Cool your jets, we are not going to get caught. We're just going for a little moonlit, joyride. We'll be back before dawn and have you seen this ship. It's so cool! " says Geoff as he looks over Ryan's shoulder at the controls, before plopping down next to Michael.

"Yeah, bu-"

"But what, Ms. goody two shoes?" Ryan interjects. He glances over at her as he steers the ship toward open water. "Don't you want to make one last grand memory, something you can impress your kids with? A memory that every time you think about it brings a sense of thrill and excitement. Anyway we just want to have some fun while we can. So, what do you say?"

She stops for a minute,  looking out at the water before turning back to Ryan. "Alright fine, but we better be back by dawn." Meg says, relaxing. "And I am not a goody two shoes!" she exclaims while punching Ryan lightly on the arm, then going to sit next to Jeremy.

"Hey, I know what will lighten the mood a little bit. Geoff, you got the stuff right?" Michael says with a grin.

"Oh yeah I do" Geoff says with a mischievous grin on his face as he pulls some beers and other drinks out of his bag. "Drinks for everyone!"

"Where did you guys get those?" Jeremy asks as he grabs a beer from Geoff.

"Remember when me and Geoff "got lost" going to the bathroom. We may have accidentally stumbled into a gas station and bought some stuff." Michael says with a smile. "Oh and don't worry Ryan we got you some diet cokes."

"Nice!" Ryan exclaims as he takes the diet coke from Geoff.

"You guys never fail to amaze me." Lindsay says with a laugh. "Only you two could have manged to get alcohol on a school trip."

"Well it is our last field trip together, we figured we better make it count." Michael says right before chugging his beer.

"Hey, you may want to chill a bit, we have a long flight tomorrow and you're not going to want to be too hung over." Meg warns.

"I'll be fine. I know my limit." Michael exclaims while grabbing another beer.

"We only have a limited amount of time left together and I think we should make the most of it" says Lindsay with a smile. " Live while we're young."

"Yeah, I want to spend as much time as possible with you guys before graduation, except maybe Jeremy." Ryan says with a grin.

"Hey! You're going to miss me the most. I mean what would do without my funny, amazing, awesome website jokes."

"I think we'll learn to live without them." Geoff said. Jeremy makes a pouty face. "You know we love you man. Geoff smiles. "I know. At least I think I do." Jeremy says with a grin.

"Anyways, I hate to get all sentimental, but I really am going to miss you guys next year. Especially you." Michael leans over to Lindsay and planks a small peck on her lips. "Gross, PDA PDA PDA," yells Jeremy while making gagging noises.

"Oh shut up, you dwarf" Michael says while slightly pushing Jeremy. "Hey, I'm not that short" Jeremy says laughing. " Oh really, what are you like 5'2 now?" Ryan asks. " I'm actually 5'4, so ha!" Jeremy retaliates with a smirk, as he juts out his hip and puts his hands on his hips. At that remark everyone laughs and their worries seem to disappear, for now.

Author's Note:

Hello! I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter of this story! I know this chapter was really short, but the others will be longer, I promise.

Please comment your thoughts! This is my first story, so your comments will help a lot!

Thanks, Sami :)