Chapter Twenty-Four.

Start from the beginning

“What were you doing getting in a gang?” Scott asked.

Gabe shrugged, “I thought it was cool back then, but now I realize how stupid it was.”

“You were always the trouble one.” Scott said. “But lets not get into that right now. What did you agree to with my parent to let you stay here?”

“Well, I don’t plan to go back to school for my last year, there is no point. I have to get a job, though. Skyler won't—in his words, ‘have me lazing around here if I won’t finish school’. Your dad sure seems to still love me even after I put those fire cracker next under his table when we were kids.” he said before him and the boy going off into laughter as they went off in memories.

I started to feel this ‘push’ feel, like I was being pushes away as they went off in treasure memories. I have no memories of anything good in my life, but one. The night my parents took me to the amusement park when I was ten and we left two hours later because my parents started fighting.

I walked over to the stairs and went up them. I knocked on Lena’s door and she told me to come in. She was laying down on her bed with Tyler next to her, asleep.

I smiled and walked over to the bed, “Hey, thanks for watching him.” I said, getting my sleeping brother from her.

“No problem, he quickly knocked out after his bottle.” she said.

I told her goodnight and left the room. I walked over to mine and went in. I placed Tyler in the crib and he started to wake up. I put his bottle in his mouth and he held onto it with one hand, looking up at me. I smiled and waved as his little eyes slowly began to close again.

Once he fell back to sleep and the bottle dropped from his mouth, I got undress and got into some—of Scott’s—pajamas. Skyler Sir. And Kelly they’ll take me to my house tomorrow when my dad at work to go get my thing.

I can finally stop wearing Haley or Victoria stuff now. Don’t get me wrong, they have some really nice cloths, but none of it was ever my style.

I got in bed and turned on the TV that was in the room.

It was an hour and a half before there was a knock on my door. Wanting him think I was a sleep, I closed my eyes and pretending I was. I heard the door slowly open, close, and silent footsteps. His parents didn’t like the idea of us sleeping in the same bed, but that never stops him from sneaking in.

I knew he made it to the bed when the bed dipped and someone crawled in the back of me. I smelt Scott’s usual fresh AXE cologne he uses. He turned me around. “I know you’re awake, Abby.”

Crud, I hate that, I thought as I opened my eyes and looked at him. “How’d you know?”

“Well first off, you don’t fall asleep until, like, midnight, it’s only eleven thirty. And I heard you two minutes ago repeating words of the movies.” he said.

My cheeks heated up, “I've seen this movie eight time already.”