𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

Start from the beginning

Ophelia kept her focus on the figure in the corner as she heard Harry mention it to Hermione, hearing something about Umbridge. 

The girl was soon dragged away from her spot by the door, as Ron led them to the bar and ordered 4 butterbeers, Harry obviously offering to pay as he usually did. They were handed their drinks in dirty, must old cups by the man in a rather unfriendly manner as they retreated to the table furthest from the bar. 

Out of the corner of her eye, Ophelia saw Neville Longbottom and Dean Thomas enter the pub with Lavendar Brown, soon followed by Cho Chang and her equally annoying girlfriends (the girl didn't resist to send the group of girls a not-so-subtle glare which earned her a smack on the arm from Harry) she continued to watch the door as she saw more and more people enter the building, some of them she knew – others she didn't. She spotted her new friends walk in with the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan, giving them all a warm smile as they made their way over to where everyone else was seated. 

Hermione was sat smiling and welcoming people in, Harry was just sat being awkward and nervous, not so subtly staring at Cho Chang, causing Ophelia to sulk and kick the straw at her feet. And Ron, was well, being Ron and sat there not knowing what was really going on.

The four were soon sat in front of the group invited to the meeting. There was a significant amount more than the small group Harry had originally intended on being there, apparently Hermione didn't know the definition of 'a couple close friends' considering some of the people, Harry barely knew.

An awkward silence loomed over before Hermione stood up and broke it after realising that none of her friends were going to be the ones who started this so-called-meeting.

"Right so erm hi, thank you for all coming, as you all know we are here because we need a teacher...a proper teacher one who's had experience with the dark arts. We need to defend ourselves, properly I mean. Not how we are being taught by Umbridge" Hermione started.

"You only want to do this so you don't fail your OWLs, you don't really care do you?" A boy the group knew as Michael Corner spoke up from the back.

Mumbles of agreement buzzed in the room as before Hermione shot back. "No actually, I want to be prepared for..for..for Lord Voldemort" she stuttered, forcing herself to say his name, the room suddenly falling silent as soon as the same left her lips.

"Where's the proof that you have that You-Know-Who is actually back" Lee Jordan curiously questioned from the back, causing everyone to turn around including, James, Sirius, Remus, Olivia and Lily who had agreed to come along. His statement surprised the quartet as Lee Jordan had always been one to back the group, being really close good friends with Fred and George Weasley.

"Dumbledore" Ron muttered.

"So, he says" this time the comment was made by Zacharias Smith, as he motioned his head towards Harry.

"So, Dumbledore said" Hermione interrupted.

"So, Dumbledore says because he says, point is where's the proof?" The boy argued back.

"Right well, that's not the reason we are here right now is it, we're here to-" Ophelia spoke trying to get the attention off of the subject, she could tell it was highly bothering Harry.

"But if potter could tell us more about how Diggory was killed" Zach said cutting off Ophelia  who grew more irritated.

"I'm not here to talk about Cedric so if that's why your here you might as well clear off now" Harry said standing up and turning to Hermione.

"Come on Mione, they all obviously think I'm a freak"

"No one thinks that Harry" Hermione comforted her friend as Ophelia grabbed his arm giving him an assuring look.

"Is it true that you can produce a Patronus?" Luna Lovegood asked after yet again, another awkward silence. 

Everyone's attention focused on the Ravenclaw.

"Yes, me and Lia have seen it" Hermione spoke up.

"Blimey I didn't know you could do that" Neville exclaimed a few nods of agreement following.

"And he killed the basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor" Ron said.

"It's true" Ginny piped in.

"And he's fought off a hundred dementors" Hermione added.

"And last year he really did fight off you-know-who" Ophelia concluded, finishing off Harry's praises.  

"Look it all sounds amazing when you put it like that but most of it was out of pure luck, I mean half of the time I didn't know what I was doing. But when you're out there watching a friend die in front of your eyes if your a second away from dying... you don't know what that's like" Harry said sitting back down again, as Ophelia placed her hand on her friend's shoulder.

"Your right, we don't. But you do, and if we really have a chance of beating...Voldemort we need to be prepared" she stated.

"He's really back?" Colin Creevy spoke up earning sad nods from the four at the front.

Not long after, the people in attendance of the meeting, were lining up in front of a table, waiting to sign their names on the piece of bewitched parchment that Hermione had conjured up. People were listing their names down, under the title 'Dumbledore's Army'. A few people had, very obviously been cautious to sign their name on the parchment out of fear of being caught by Umbridge, however their worries were soon eased when Hermione reassured them that this list was not to be exposed to Umbridge. 

"First things first, we need to find somewhere to practice" Harry started as the quartet walked along the bridge accompanied by the twins, Ginny, James, Sirius, Remus, Olivia and Lily.

"The forbidden forest?" Ginny suggested

"No bloody likely" Ron scoffed at his sister.

"Shrieking shack?" Hermione said.

"To small" Ophelia said.

"Harry, mate what will happen if Umbridge finds out?" James asked.

"Who cares! It's kind of exciting isn't it, breaking the rules?" Hermione exclaimed skipping ahead making the group look at her weirdly.

"Who you are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger" Ron said causing a laugh to fall from Ophelia's mouth.

"At least we know one positive thing that came from today" Hermione smirked at the green-eyed boy

"What?"

"Cho couldn't keep her eyes if you"

The familiar sinking feeling formed in Ophelia's stomach as the thought of Harry and Cho came to her head.

She felt two pairs of arms wrap around her shoulder as she looked up to see the twins giving her a sympathetic smile.

"Right so each of us had to come up with a couple of possible places over the next few weeks" Harry said, leading them all back to the common room unaware of the witch watching their every move.