EIGHT SKULLS OF TEVERSHAM Part 1 HUNTED

The legend of witches continues in Scotland/ Alba

EIGHT SKULLS OF TEVERSHAM-PART ONE HUNTED

SARAH RUTH SCOTT

It was a cold dark night in October with a full moon in the sky, it was the sort of night where no one would venture out unless they were mad or had a cause to. For the village of Teversham was certainly cursed that night, as the villagers hid away in their houses, listening to sound of night birds such as owls, making the occasional sounds amidst the silence. Suddenly the silence was broken by terrible screams coming from the village as the Druids searched for innocent souls and virgins, looking for those they could sacrifice and in the chaos there stood the silhouettes of eight ugly women holding broomsticks all watching the village from a hill. They were eight witches who had stood outside the villagers homes chanting spells and cursing the ground that they walked on. The witches were known as Albelenda, Florina, Babeth, Nabara, Renilda, Rosalinda, Jeliana, and Passara. As they circled the family they swept their broomsticks across the floor making a ring in the dirt "Pity on you for you will die a certain death" Albelenda said speaking for the others "I am Albelenda and you must fear me and my friends, for we seek to avenge those who killed my family. Dread the darkness and fear the ones who will take your lives this very night"

Albelenda was the leader of the witches, she had long black scraggily matted hair a long nose and a wart resting on her chin. The other witches looked similar except for Passara who was shorter than the others and was badly scarred on the left side of her face. Babeth was slightly thinner than the others and Rosalinda was a little larger than the others. Each one of them were as wicked as each other but Nabara was exceptionally bad and hardly ever spoke, but she hated all non witches and wanted any excuse to use her magic and destroy people.

A female villager walked bravely towards the witches and tried whispering to them. Nabara grabbed her by the arm and pulled her toward her saying, "Speak to me if you know what's good for you" Nabara held her firmly spraying her saliva in the woman's face.

The woman wiped her face with her hand that was shaking with fear, as she stood looking into Nabara's wicked eyes.

"Speak!" Nabara yelled

The woman pointed to the last house of the village in the distance and spoke nervously "The family that you seek live there, but please don't harm the other villagers" She said pleading with Nabara.

Nabara raised her wand and pointed it in the woman's face, she had hatred in her eyes, then gave a wicked smile.

"I suppose you want rewarding for your information and betrayal of your friends?" Nabara asked

"No, just for me and my family to be safe" The woman pleaded.

With one swish of Nabara's wand the woman flew in the air and then landed in a heap on the ground.

"I really hate kindness" She said laughing

"That was mean even for you Nabara" Babeth said in disgust.

"Enough" Albelenda shouted "This village of Teversham is about to experience an awakening, at the hands of the witches who have lost so many due to the persecution and constant witch hunts that have taken place around the woods, the Mayor of Teversham town will know what its like to suffer".

"Albelenda are we going to kill all the family?" Florina asked

"Yes, all the Butterworth family must die, Father, Mother and children" She replied