"Hi." He said when she sat down. She didn't reply, rather she sat and took the ice cream he offered her. It was vanilla and chocolate chip in a nice cup. After taking a spoon of it, her taste buds came alive and she smiled instinctively.

"Hey. Long time." She finally said. Her heart was tight ball in her chest. Her feelings were waging war inside her. She didn't want to be here. She didn't want her happiness to be based on what he'd done.

"I'm sorry. Sasha, I know you don't believe me and you probably will never trust me again but I'm sorry." His eyes were searching her covered face earnestly. For those seconds, she was glad he couldn't see her face. He couldn't read her emotions.

"Why did you get your aunt for me?" She asked. Her fingers twisted the tiny ice cream spoon nervously as she waited for his reply.

He had had a pensive look on his face, as if he was trying to put his thoughts together.

"If I say what's on my mind, promise me you won't stand up and leave." He said, seriously.

Her mouth fell open at his sudden intensity.
"What? Just say it!"

"Promise me." He repeated. Somehow, he had caught her gaze through the sunglasses she was wearing. His piercing stare was unnerving but it sent shivers down her spine. This boy messed her up big time.

"I promise."

He breathed in deeply through his nose, and at once, Sasha became aware of just how handsome he was. How could one person be so aesthetically pleasing? Even the way he breathed was hot.

"I know how important it is to you to change. And these days, I've brought you nothing but sadness and depression. I'm sorry. I just want you to be happy. I'd do anything for you to be happy. Anything."

Sasha blinked for a few seconds, unsure of what to say. Was this his guilty conscience talking? It had to be... right?

"You're just saying this because you want to absolve your guilt. It's okay, I forgive you. You don't have to keep trying." She said, slowly.

He rolled his eyes. " Of course I'd feel guilty! What did you expect after leaving me that fucking painting after attempting to kill yourself?!"
He paused, as if to collect his thoughts before suddenly reaching out and grabbing the hand that was playing with spoon.

His touch stilled her jerky movements instantly.
She stared at his hand over hers but didn't move hers away. She'd missed this. She'd missed the heat of his hands.

"Sorry. You just move around a lot." He said, smiling slightly. His hand shook slightly and he frowned at it before tightening his grip on her hand.

Sasha felt a smile tug at her lips.

"Hey, could we get out of here? It's really hard to talk to you when you're all covered up. I can't tell what you're thinking." He asked.

"You can never tell what I'm thinking." Sasha scoffed.

"Okay, but still I just miss you, okay?"
He said it so easily. Sasha was struck by those words. He missed her. He freaking missed her.
Trying to keep her composure, she nodded and they stood.

She kept her ice cream in hand as they walked, not really paying attention to where they were going. He would lead the way. Plus, her thoughts were too scattered to stay in one place. He'd missed her. Jeremy Harley Cox had missed her.

Finally, he led her to a stop. They were in an empty playground. The swing sets creaked in the wind and the slides were clearly rusted and never used. All around, trees lined the clearing except for the path they'd come through.

"Whoa. Did you bring me here to kill me?" Sasha asked, taking a step onto the playground.

"Yeah. I found this place a while ago and I thought of just how good it would feel to kill you here." He replied.

He walked forward and sat on one of the swings, indicating for her to sit too.
She followed suit, taking off her scarf and glasses, a bit self consciously. He was staring at her so intensely, it worried her. How could he see this and want more?

"I know things between us have been rough. I should've been a better person, I don't know. But I really do care about you. I didn't always realize that and I wanted to fight those feelings but seriously when you almost... I realized I didn't want to lose you. I felt... incomplete. I would be doing something and I'd imagine you're there with me and when I realized you actually weren't , I was devastated. I'm doing this because I want you to be happy Sasha. I need you to be happy, so that I can be happy too."

He said the words haltingly, nervous as hell. He kept on scuffing his shoes on the dirt and casting glances at her to see her reaction. Sasha couldn't believe what she was hearing. Things didn't... fuck that.

"Wow, that was deep." Sasha said. She was swinging back and forth slightly, feet planted on the ground. Her heart was racing as she plucked up the courage to ask him one question.

"Yes. Is that all you're going to say?" Jeremy asked, blue eyes leveled at her.

"So... you love me?"

He paused and raised an eyebrow at her. "So after that impassioned speech, I still have to spell it out? Yes, Sasha. I love you. So fucking much that my hands tremble when I touch you and shake when I think about you. Need I go on?"

Sasha felt a gleeful smile light up her face. "Please, don't let me stop you!"

He laughed. "So much that sometimes I just sit in bed and wonder what you're up to. I'd guess what you're doing just to make me feel better about myself."

Sasha laughed. "You're such a weirdo."

"I'm aware."

There was a brief pause as their laughter died down. Sasha felt like she was finally awake again. She had been drowning but now she'd received fresh air. He loved her. Even if she was deformed and ugly he wanted to spend time with her. Sure he wasn't perfect but neither was she.

She smiled when his fingers found hers and squeezed.

In quick move, he pulled her off her swing and unto his lap then planted a light, gentle kiss on her lips.

For the first time, in a long time, Sasha Stewart felt happy again.