"Just 5 more minutes Di. Another important guest is going to arrive." Khushi said with a brightness lingering in her tone.

"Who is left now,HHBB. All the guest have arrived already Phati Sari." Mami said in her usual style.

"Its me!!! This engagement wont rock without me." Declared a voice behind me.

A quiet handsome gentleman walked towards us with a smile. Hmm. Who is he? Is he the special guest that Khushi mentioned. Oh NO...NO NO NO!!! Not the jealousy vibes again. This girl will make me a murderer one day. Why the hell is this person special. Khushi Kumari Gupta....if this is another nosy, over friendly and intrusive friend of yours then I will surely become a killer this time. No regrets this time I swear.

"Thats right Karanji. This engagement will now definitely rock. Since you are here. Karanji come here I will introduce you to everyone." Khushi said with a smile.
Oh god. I hope he turns out better than NK.

Khushi POV
"Arnavji. Meet my friend Karanji. Remeber I told you about my train journey. We travelled in the same train. And became good friends. He lives in Delhi too." I said with enthusiasm.

"Hi.." Arnavji said.

"Hello. Oh so you are the famous Arnavji huh. Khushi is crazy about you. Are you aware of the fact." He said teasingly.

And everyone started laughing. Especially Arnavji, his possessive smirk said it all.

"I know. Same goes for me." Arnavji replied. Making me blush further.

After the introduction to all. Karanji created an awesome impression on everyone. Especially on Arnavji. Since initially he looked pissed off at Karanji. But I knew what broke the ice.

"I still have a strong feeling that we are some long lost brothers. Since I am Karan...she has to be Arjun. Gupta-gupta...there is a solid connection dude!!" Karanji stated. This made all Raizadas laugh like crazy.

"But technically I should be Karan. Since I am a Salman Khanji fan. You have seen his posters. Explain it to him. No one can beat me. Right Arnavji?" I looked towards him.

"If my Khushi wants to be Karan then you will have to be Arjun. Khushi will get whatever she wants." He said holding my hand in his. And we shared an eyelock.

Arnav POV
I was feeling jealous for no reason. Even though he was friendly with Khushi still the way he spoke and joked made me feel as if he really was a Gupta. His silly ways to make everyone smile and bollywood references was a clear indication that an unknown brother sister bond had formed between the two.

And this became crystal clear when he dragged me away from the family making an excuse of sharing a drink. I did not understand the reason fo it, till he spoke something that made me proud. Even though the words were harsh.

"If the smile that I see on Gupta's face right now disappears for a even a single second anytime in the near future, consider yourself buried 10 feet under the ground Raizada." Karan informed me with fake smile plastered on his face.

I replied with a genuine smile. "I promise. She is my happiness Karan. I wont destroy it."
And for the first time I felt happy about Khushi's choice in friends.

Khushi POV
Pretty soon the engagement took place. But what surprised me the most was our rings. Mine had an A on it while Arnavji's had a K on it. I looked up to him with wide eyes and open mouth. And winked at me casually like nothing was wrong.

We exchanged the rings. But before that I whispered in his ears. Something to turn him crimson as well.

"I love the rings. My Pritam Pyare." And winked in return. Hehehe. And this time it was Arnavji who looked horrified for a change. ;)

Karan POV
Sometimes it takes only one smile of someone to make your heart skip a beat. It never happened to me before. But today the unexpected happened. Thank you Khushi for giving me this beautiful gift. It was like a flash of light in the sky. A discharge of electricity between two clouds. One beautiful smile full of innocence and light. And big doe eyes, so deep that they can swallow your whole being. I died a thousand times. She wore a bright pink saree. My favourite color. Who are you my pink rose?...

Suddenly Naniji called her, bringing me back to the earth.

"Anjali...Pari is crying...I think she needs you."

Anjali...
Anjali...
my Anjali!!!

Note: i have attached a link to an instrumental music which will be my background music for my KarAnj jodi.