nine // keep holding on

Start from the beginning

She's interrupted by Klaus' assumption. "-Tragically wounded and damaged by demons he can't escape."

She nodded slightly, telling him that was exactly what she was thinking. "The damaged ones, they're not good, at least not for me."

She had a tragic backstory and the last thing she needed was for it to continue.

Cami made a move to walk away, although Klaus was quick to stand and stop her. He grabbed her hand softly, asking her to turn and look at him.

"I understand, I do." He says genuinely. Yet, soon his genuine side was gone as he stared straight into her eyes. "However, give him one chance. Then, I need you to tell me where he goes and who he sees."

***

"And this one" Klaus grabs the struggling vampire and rips him from beneath the corpses. "I'm going to drain him of vervain." He begins to explain, dragging the body into the house, the girls following after him. "Compel him to believe his mates found religion and moved to Utah so that he can explain to Marcel why he lost 3 more vampires tonight."

He drops the body on the rug in front of the doorway, leaving enough room for the door to be closed.

"Does anyone have any more questions?" He asks aggressively. Neither Rebekah or Faith had anything to say.

"No? Good." Klaus' attention focused completely on Faith. "Because I have a question, Faith. What were you doing in the bloody French quarter in the first place?"

Faith considered her options. 

She could tell him the truth, which he would either reward or go ballistic. 

Or she could lie, but if she were to do so he would eventually find out the truth and get even more angry then right now. 

Either way, she was angry with how much power he had over her actions.

"Answer me!" He demanded.

And Faith had had enough of demands. This was breaking point.

"You want to know what I was doing?" Faith questioned through gritted teeth, making her way over to the man she let scare her. "I was buying poison so I could save our baby from a lifetime of misery."

In a flash, Klaus was standing directing in front of Faith. His teeth grounded together, his breathing clearly stating how angry he is. The anger evident on his face, gave Faith the impression he could do something, anything to hurt her.

"Nik!" He could hear Rebekah's voice but he couldn't focus on it. All he could focus on was the look in Faith's eyes. It was the first time he had ever seen fear in the eyes of the one he loved. She was the one person he counted on to never be afraid of him.

The moment reminded him of the time she walked into the ballroom when he was torturing Damon Salvatore. She was terrified, and he was so scared he'd lose her he compelled her to forget. But not long after, he lost her anyway.

He had to remind himself that Faith isn't just some victim or threat he wishes to destroy. He loves her, and would never lay a hand on her.

No matter how angry he was.

Rebekah took action, in case he did something he'd regret, and grabbed Klaus by the shoulders and used her vampire speed and strength to push him away from her friend.

"Nik! She is pregnant for God's sake!"

Although he hadn't done anything, they all knew he was fully capable of doing so in his burst of pure rage.