“Stop shooting!” One of the girls yelled out.

“Run!” Nanahara shouted at the top of his lungs towards the girls his voice panicked.

“Nanahara is that you? over here, come here!” One girl shouted “Yukiko’s always had a crush on…” But her words were cut off by loud gun shots.

Still without making a sound I tried to get closer so that I could see better what was going on. There, also on the Mountain was Kiriyama shooting the girls repeatedly with the stolen weapon he took from the group he killed earlier on.

One girl’s body was motionless but the other's arms were still twitching. Kiriyama walked closer trying to check what was happening.

He looked at the girl who was still moving and then looked towards the microphone which had been dropped when they were shot. He picked up the microphone and tested it before standing directly over the girl’s body.

He kicked her causing a horrible wailing sound to come from her mouth. The only reason I was able to hear this from so far away was because Kiriyama had the microphone by her mouth.

With one final round he shot the girl in the stomach which caused her to become silent and her breathing to stop.

Quickly I looked away from the scene before me. Why? I asked myself. Why did he do it.

Nanahara, Noriko and Kawada had not been able to see properly what had happened. All they saw was a quick glimpse of Kiriyama and they heard a whole lot of gun shots.

“Kusaka, Yukiko!” Nanahara shouted probably wondering if there was any chance that they could still be alive.

“He’ll come here next, I’m off.” Kawada said walking away

“Go wherever you like… You’re a murderer yourself.” Nanahara yelled making Kawada turn back.

“Nanahara.” Noriko said with worry clearly in her voice.

“They were my friends! This is crazy, how can they kill each other like that!”

“There’s a way out of this game. Kill yourselves, here, now. If you can’t do that then don’t trust anyone, run.” With that Kawada reset his gun and ran away from the pair who were still in shock from witnessing their friends death.

Girl 6 Yukiko, Girl 7 Kusaka Dead

26 To Go

Nanahara and Noriko stood still as they watched Kawada run into the distance I moved so I could try and make a quiet exit but accidently stepped on a twig.

Both of them turned around quickly as I stood up with my hands above my head.

“Fine I surrender.” I said walking out of the bushes and brushing myself off.

“What weapons have you got?” Nanahara said trying to sound threatening. I guess us two not knowing each other very well could have its down sides.

“It’s not the best but trust me it’s better that yours.” I said eying the dented pot lid and binoculars.

I could see fear in both of their eyes. It was a newish thing for me, having people being scared of me that is, but the feeling wasn’t really a bad one.

“Are you going to kill us?” Noriko asked hiding half of her body behind Nanahara.

“No, why would I do that.” I asked without my voice sounding sarcastic. “Look, I don’t want to hurt anyone…”

“How many of our friends have you killed?” Nanahara shouted looking angry.

“Surprisingly… none.” I said walking closer to them but they just backed away “I’ve already said I don’t want to hurt anyone so stop being so scared of me, you don’t want to make yourselves seem weak now do you.”

Both of them looked at me in slight confusion before deciding that maybe I really wasn’t much of a threat.

“Where are you heading.” I asked leaning up against one of the many trees.

“Were not sure yet.” Noriko said opening up to me more than Nanahara.

“Do you mind if I come with you. I mean, I haven’t got a pen to mark where the danger zones are and you look like you may need some protection.” They looked at each other before they both nodded their heads.

We picked up our bags and made our way through the thick forest. I decided to go in front so as to make sure no danger came our way.

My foot falls could barely be heard as I walked quickly but still placed my feet with care. But I don’t think it mattered how quiet I was with the heavy breathing and loud foot steps of the two behind me.

Maybe this wasn’t my best idea.

VOTE (Because you want to know what Rin will do)

COMMENT (Do you like or hate Kiriyama?)

PLEASE