two.

two. | MOVING TARGETS

     "THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING. We will be arriving at CHARLES DE GAULLE very soon." The announcement echoed across the empty plane, aside from the young agent that laid asleep in her chair. She lifted her head that previously laid snuggly on her forearm. The back of her hand went up to rub the sleep from her eyes, moving her head slowly side to side to observe her surroundings. She was alone.

As the plane flew smoothly through the air, Meadow's eyes began to grow with sleep once again. Before she could close her eyes, the plane started to rumble. An alarm of the plane screamed. It started to shake rapidly like a roller coaster in motion. She could hear bullets ricochet off the body of the plane. Oxygen masks fell from their compartments.

Meadow struggled to keep her balance as she made her way to the cockpit. She opened the cockpit door to notice the pilots' bodies were limp in their chair. Blood stained their white button-down shirts. To her right, the surrounding glass had been shattered, most likely from bullets she assumed.

From what she could see, two piloted jets surrounded the plane, shooting it down. The dash board ahead of her flashed 'WARNING: A1 of WING ENGINE 1 HAS FAILED.' When the plane began to lose its balance, the left wing of the plane occurred to have tilt downwards and the right wing being brought up. The jets had flown away from the dropping aircraft.

She pushed a lifeless body out of the seat, giving full attention to the situation in front of her. Placing one of the headsets over her ears, she began to pull the control wheel up, in attempt to lift the plane. The control board was blinking red every few seconds.

"Mayday! Mayday! This is plane. . . I don't know the name of! We are in a bit of a situation!" Meadow shouted into the microphone attached to the headset. She had deactivated auto-pilot. Her fingers scrambled around the board, flicking on and off necessary switches.

"Meadow? What's wrong? What's going on?" She was able to recognize the quiet, but familiar voice through the headset. The plane started to tilt down into the clouds, giving a view over ocean water. There wasn't any land within a few miles.

"Ms. Kingston? I don't know what's happening! I just woke up, and the pilots, th-they're dead! I'm spinning out of freaking sky and something, or someone, took out one of the wing engines!" For the first time, since from when she last arrived at the academy, she began to panic. Her forehead was covered with sweat and her hands grew slippery.

"Calm down, Meadow. Remember what you've learned, pretend it's a stimulator. Pull back on the wheel until you're leveled with the clouds or you're going to fall straight down." Meadow nodded her head in understanding, even though no one could see her.