You Know I Love You, Right?

Start from the beginning

"I forgot my fucking father was home today. I'm so sorry." I said apologetically, now knowing how Jack felt the day he brought me to his house for the first time. Jack muttered something under his breath.

"I can't take one more fucking homophobe. I can't fucking take it." He whispered. I walked over and hugged him. He used one arm and hugged me back. When he let go, his hand was shaking.

"Jack-"

"I'm ok. I don't feel good, but I'm ok." He said. Lucky for me, there was a bathroom connected to my room. I helped him walk in and I shut the door behind us. Jack stood there and gave me a tired look. I wanted nothing more than to take his pain away.

"Here... it should be done bleeding by now." I said. I grabbed Jack's hand and gently pulled it off of the rag. Pulling the rag away, I could see that his nose wasn't broken, luckily, but it was turning purple under all the dried blood. I walked him to the sink and I turned it on. Jack immediately started washing the dried blood from his face.

"Where else did they hit you?" I asked. He looked down. I tilted his chin up with my thumb and index finger. "You know I just want to help."

He sighed, then grabbed the bottom of his shirt. He pulled it up over his head and I saw a few scrapes and bruises. With a frown, I gently ran my fingers over one bruise that was on the side of his stomach. He didn't pull away which told me I was wasn't hurting him.

"I'm sorry. I... I wish I'd been there to stop this."

"It's not your fault." He said with a tired expression. I got a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol. He looked at it once, then looked up at me with his head tilted down again. The fight was drained from his eyes.

"This is going to hurt but I'll try to be careful..."

"I know."

* * *

Jacks P.O.V

It burned, just like I knew it would. He gently dabbed the alcohol coated cotton ball onto the scratches. I winced at each one, earning a quiet "I'm so sorry." From Mark. My whole entire face was sore. It felt like someone hit me with a baseball bat. All I wanted to do at this point was sleep.

One thing occurred to me, though. I wanted to tell Mark I loved him. After everything we'd been through, I wanted him to know the truth... even if it meant he didn't like me back and didn't want to talk to me anymore. I was going to tell him.

* * *

Marks P.O.V

Jack had his shirt back on. I lead him to my bed and he sat down with a sigh.

"I'm here if you need me." He said.

"Can I have a glass of water and some ibuprofen...?" I asked. He nodded and walked to the door, unlocking it and going downstairs. How was I going to say this to him?
"Mark... I need to tell you something... I really like you. I love you, Mark. I really, really like you. I care about you more than anything in the world. You've had my back and I'll have yours, no matter what-"

Mark walked back into the room and closed the door with his foot, handing me a glass of water and a pill. It was now or never. I wanted this. I wanted him to like me back, but if he didn't... I'd accept his feelings.

I took the pill and chugged the glass down. Setting the glass on his nightstand, I looked down at my lap.

"You look like you have to get something off your chest." Mark chuckled. I stood up and walked over to him.

Now or never.

He raised one eyebrow. I took both his hands in mine. Then I raised my gaze too look him in the eye.

Now.

"Mark... you know I Love you... right?"

**A/N**

YAAAAAAAAAY! 😁 I'm happy with this chapter, and I hope you are too. Things are finally taking a step up. 🔮👅🔮

Anyways, feel free to leave a comment and punch that like button in the face, LIKE A BOSS!!! And, I'll see all you dudes, IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!

Buh-bye!