As he did this, the hedgehog looked around. He noticed he was near the museum. Sonic never really liked museums it all so boring. The waiting in line, people talking with really big words that gave him headaches, the mysteries figure running up alone the roof of the museum. Sonic suddenly stopped real fast and turned towards the museum.

From what he could see, there was a figure on the roof crouched by the glass ceiling.

"Looks like someone is up to no good" said Sonic.

The blue hedgehog headed towards museum across the street. When he was getting close to the edge of the roof he was running on, he jumped in the air and soared over the street and landed on top of the museum. Sonic looked around for the mysteries figure but didn't see anything. He then noticed that there was a hole in the glass ceiling. Sonic walked over and looked down through the hole. It was big enough for someone to get through. But what confused him was there was no rope tied to the top, so how did the intruder get all the way down there.

He jumped through the hole and landed silently on the floor. He stood straight up and looked around the room he was in. There were models of pyramids, Egyptian hieroglyphics on stone, hanging on the walls and last was a mummy case.

"Ok I'm in the Egyptian exhibit, but no sign of that figure."

Sonic walked on through the exhibit and looked around seeing if he could catch the intruder off guard. His ears then perked up to the sound of breaking glass. He headed to the source of the noise and peaked around a corner. In the center of the room was a display case surrounded by large stone columns. But the glass was broken and a figure was standing close by their back towards him.

Sonic walked into the room towards the figure. As he got closer he noticed the bat wings on the intruders back.

"Well now I know how they got in without a rope" he thought. "I'm sorry but visiting hours are over for the night"

The figure jumped in surprise and quickly turned around. Sonic stopped when he got a good look at the intruder.

She was a girl bat with white fur, tan skin, she wore blue eye shadow and her eyes were a bright teal. She wore a skintight black tube style body suit with a large fuchsia heart-shaped breast plate, long white gloves, and white thigh high boots with pink hearts on the toes.

The bat smiled at him "Why hello there"

"Hi, what brings you here so late, miss...?"

"Rouge the Bat"

"Enchanted, Sonic the Hedgehog."

"I know who you are" she replied. Sonic raised an eyebrow. "You do?" She nodded. "Who doesn't know the famous hedgehog that saved this city from Dr Eggman a hundred times." Sonic smirked at her.

He then noticed she had one hand behind her back. He looked at her then at the broken glass case. He read the label on the case that read Crystal Gem of the Nile.

"You haven't happened to see a missing gem by any chance?" he asked looking back at her.

"Missing gem?!" she said in a sarcastic tone while gesturing to herself. "No, I haven't seen any rare, expensive, priceless gems. Why?"

Sonic raised an eyebrow. "Then you don't mind showing me what your hiding behind your back" he pointed to her. The bat girl looked at him then glanced behind her and sighed. "Fine"

She brought her left arm out from behind her back and in her hand was the crystal.

"Oh looks like you had it the entire time" he smirked at her. The bat rolled her eyes. "And I'm assuming you want me to give it back..."