prologue

"This is all your fucking fault, I hope you know."

"Just shut up, Mont."

"Stop calling me that."

"You better get used to it; we're gonna to be here awhile."

I hear Pierce sigh deeply next to me and sag his shoulders in defeat as he watched the plane take off. He was right; it was my fault.

"I'm sorry for basically giving you a concussion," I apologize.

"Yeah, whatever. Just forget about it before I do the same thing to you." He says, hopefully joking.

"Sure. Again, I'm so sorry."

Pierce doesn't reply and instead lets out an exaggerated yawn.

You're not the only one who has had a long day, bud.

Pierce's voice interrupts my depressing thoughts by asking, "so where do we go now?"

"Um, I think I have a map when the school gave it to us. Maybe we can look for a hotel and then just sleep in for tonight?" I suggest.

"How about we just use our phones?" Pierce was obviously getting anxious and wanted to find somewhere to sleep.

"I already told-"

"-hold on," he interrupts me again, holding one finger up while the other hand grabs his phone from his pocket.

"Wait, I was saying-"

"Just shut up and let me use my
phone please!" He looks downs and starts to type rapidly on the device.

At least he said please.

"I'm trying to tell-"

"There's no goddamn signal! Fuck this shit!" He throws his very expensive phone- that most likely cost more than my annual salary at Publix- down onto the floor and almost steps on it before I stop him.

"I would've told you that a long time ago if you listened to me, but nothing goes through that thick head of yours! It makes me want to cut the stupid out of your brain." He looks at me with a frustrated expression and wrinkles his eyebrows before looking at the sky where the plane to take us home once was.

"Hope," Pierce starts.

"It's Faith and I know you know that it's Faith." I interrupt him this time.

He ignores me and begins speaking again. "I don't think I introduced you properly to this city. It's very pretty and so fucking expensive, but my dear Faith-" he said while still staring at the sky.

"You're creeping me out, Mont."

"-welcome to Paris, the city of all the fucking lights in the world."

-

Vote if you liked it!