chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Remember Melony, look for your mate," mom reminded me again as I slung my backpack over my shoulder. 

"I will" I reassured her. No person in the right mind would want to be stuck never able to shift. Although it did seem strange, no one ever told me before that. Ever since I was little, I had thought that we would shift once we turned sixteen. Guess that wasn't the case since I didn't shift yet.

"Come on Melony, you're going to be late for school!"

I hurriedly slipped on my shoes."Coming!" Clambering into the passenger side, I fastened on my seatbelt. My heart thumped loudly against my chest. I wasn't going to lie, going to a new school scared me. The thought of knowing no one wasn't exactly a pleasant thought.

"You okay?" My head snapped up seeing mom looking worriedly at me.

"Yeah, just sightly nervous about not knowing anyone." Mom laughed."You know Cole right?"

I blinked in realization."Oh right! I completely forgot that Cole goes to the same school." Some of my nervousness ebbed away but I was still slightly nervous. When mom told me to find my mate, she sounded so--whats the right word? Urgent.

It shouldn't be that big of a deal if I couldn't shift. I would still be a werewolf and I would still be me. Maybe it was because she would feel ashamed if people knew that her daughter couldn't shift, I frowned.

"Melony, we're here." I snapped out of my thoughts and looked out the window. The school looked somewhat similar to my old school. Brick building with two stories. I gave mom a quick kiss on the cheek before I headed out.

"Remember to keep an eye out for your mate." She reminded me for the third time today.

"I know, I know." I slammed the door shut behind me. Walking up to the large front doors, my heart raced wildly in my chest. My eyes darted around frantically trying to locate Cole in the crowd, but he was nowhere to be seen.

This place seemed all too similar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I brushed the thought away thinking it was probably because it reminded me of my old school. Pushing open the large double doors, I went straight to my locker. After grabbing my books, I turned around but instead I crashed into someone. My books fell out of my grasp.

"Ah sorry!" I said flustered as I scrambled to pick up my books.

"Its you again." I looked up to see a guy with jet black hair glaring at me. For some reason, I felt a strange sense of deja vu.

I cocked my head to the side confused."Um, I don't mean to sound rude but do I know you?"

A look of hurt flashed across his eyes but when I blinked it was gone and was replaced by burning hate."So this is how you're going to play? Well two can play this game." He growled at me before storming off leaving me confused. I shook my head amused, well there certainly were some strange people here.

I turned around as I felt someone lightly tap on my shoulder. It was Cole. "What did you do to Alex? He looked pissed." He asked curiously.

"Alex? The guy who just stormed off?"

"Yeah, him." I frowned.

"I'm not exactly sure. He said 'Its you again' and i asked him if I knew him." 

Cole shook his head amused."Well thats not exactly the nicest thing to say to him."

"I didn't mean to make him mad." I felt slightly bad now, but I still wasn't sure if what he meant by me playing a game. "Oh well, I'm going to class now." I turned on my heel and headed for my class. Cole tugged on my arm stopping me.

"You're going the wrong way. We have first period together and its that way." He pointed in the opposite direction.

I blushed slightly."I knew that." He rolled his eyes,"Right." He dragged out the i.

Just as I was about to enter the classroom I felt a sharp flash of pain in my head. I dropped my books and clutched my head. It felt as if someone had stabbed me with a burning hot knife right through my head. Black dots swam in front of my eyes and I staggered backwards. The burning pain only seemed to increase as the minutes ticked by. I vaguely felt a hand on my shoulder but I wasn't sure if it was just a figment of my imagination. The pain was so intense I couldn't even make a noise. 

I felt a icepack being held to my head and the pain began to fade away. There was no longer pain but my head still throbbed slightly.

"Are you okay?!" Cole asked worriedly. "I thought you were going to black out again! Does your head still hurt? Do you need to go to the nu--?"

I abruptly cut him off."I'm fine. Yesterday and today just don't seem to be my day." I tried to lighten the mood. Cole still seemed unconvinced but he let it drop.

"Where did you get a icepack anyways?"

He smiled sheepishly."My lunchbox."

.......................

Yeah, I know the story seems kinda confusing so let me try to make it less confusing.

1. Melony found out that she has 6 months to live. Her docotor tells her to find her mate becasue when they bond, it may kill the poison.

2. Melony finds her mate but he rejects her. She gets mad and storms off. While she is going up the stairs, she blacks out. Her head hits the stairs spreaing the poison around in her head. She then gets a fever and that triggers the poison in her head to activate.

3. She is in the hospital confused like heck. The doctor tells her mom privately that she lost all memory of the past 2 years. because the poison is now in her head, she only has 1 month to live. He tells her mom that she can't know about the poison and her real age becasue he is scared that she might fall into a coma from shock. Melony is never able to shift again because her wold is already killed from the poison.

4. He tells her mom to make up a story on why Melony has to find he mate. So her mom tells Melony that she has to find her mate or else she'll never be able to shift. The truth is that she will never be able to shift becasue her wold is already dead.

5.Melony is sent back to school and she bumps into her mate again. She doesn't reember anything about him and he thinks that she is just pretending that she doesnt know him.

6. When Melony and Cole are goin to class, Melony gets a headache again. She's not sure why. 

And thast basically it for now.