joining dauntless // peter

Choosing Ceremony.

"Hazel Lennox"

Marcus calls my name I look at my parents who smile at me then I proceed down to Marcus.

I grab the knife and press it against my skin. It doesn't cut until I start dragging it down. I put my hand. over the bowl then the blood drips.

"Dauntless" He says

Cheers from the dauntless initiates.

I quickly look at my parents they're smiling at me. I walk over to the dauntless and a guy before me gives me his seat. When it's over the dauntless stand up we proceed outside. Once we reach outside we start running. I'm able to keep up surprisingly we climb up a track. I've seen dauntless do this plenty of times and now it's finally my turn.

We run after the train and a hand is offered to me I take it.

"Almost didn't make it there" a guy says. "Yea" I pant. Shortly after I see people jumping off the train and onto a building. I see the guy who helped me jump off. I follow his actions and land on the gravel.

A guy named Eric introduces himself he's one of our leaders he has an eyebrow piercing and he is very muscular. He says that we have to jump off a building and a transfer from abnegation offers to go first. We have no idea what's at the bottom but weirdly I volunteer to go second.

When I jump I land in a net someone grabs the net letting me down. "What's your name? You can change it if you want but you won't be able to change it again."

"Hayes" I say

"Second jumper Hayes welcome to dauntless"

"Tris" Abnegation girl says.

"Hayes" I say.

After everyone jumps Four takes the transfer for a tour.

Where we'll stay for ten weeks isn't as horrid as people reacted.

Yea we have no privacy but if you're committed then it wouldn't be a problem.

I'm here to do what I have to do no fun and games. I seem all boring but I want to get into dauntless then ill have time for fun and games. Four tells us to go get changed and go to dinner.

I strip and I'm left in my underwear and bra. As I put my leg in side of the pants and bend to pull it up I look up and see train guy staring at me. He coughs and I finish dressing and head out. Its a lovely welcoming dinner they carry us around. I'm tired and decide to leave early when I get back into the room I see train guy already laying there. His hands under his head he looks up at the ceiling then at me.

"Peter" He says

"I'm sorry?" I ask

He chuckles "My name is Peter"

"Oh sorry I uh I'm Hayes"

"Nice to meet you Hayes" I nod not knowing what to say back.

Kind of weird that our beds are next to each other I choose to stall a little. I brush my teeth and wash my face. He is on his shoulder his face facing my way.

I can't sleep on my back so I position myself on my shoulder facing his way.

I have my eyes closed for a few seconds and then I hear something. When I open it I see Peter staring at me then he glances over at the entrance where a few people walk in.

We both look away and I look at Peter.

"Goodnight" He says

"...Night" I say and lay on my other shoulder. I'm not really sure how I feel having my bum facing towards him but whatever I'm uncomfortable facing him.