26. Delmar's - Part Two

Start from the beginning

As soon as he was gone you let out a sigh, grabbing a tissue and dabbing at your eyes a bit. You hated that he came here, even if he was trying to apologize. It didn't change the fact that your family would be struggling now, and it certainly didn't change your feelings toward him.

You stood up abruptly, grabbing your things and deciding to head to Peter's early. At the moment you could really get out of the house in case Spider-Man, for some reason, decided to come back. Plus, even if Peter wasn't there, his room was always a comfortable setting for you to relax in.

"I'll be back late Dad!" You called out as you left, not waiting for a response as you shut the door.

It took you a little over forty minutes to reach Peter's house via the subway that you hated. You tried knocking but figured he was out and about still so you used the hidden key to get in, deciding you'd wait in his room until he got home. You had sent him a text but he never replied, so you assumed it would be a while - but you didn't care.

Sitting cross-legged on his bed, you scrolled through your phone for a bit, biting your lip as thoughts of Spider-Man and Peter and your shop flooded your brain.

You wanted really badly to tell Peter how you felt. Every day you got a bit closer to accidentally letting it slip. How had the boy not noticed by now? It was insane how much you pined over him, you thought it was ridiculous, but you couldn't help it. He was so sweet and funny, and a nerd just like you, so how could you ever think that you wouldn't fall for him?

And of course, you couldn't tell if he felt even remotely the same. Sometimes he was awkward around you, but he had always been awkward around everyone - so you couldn't tell if he was different much around you.

Besides, most everyone suspected that he had a thing for Liz, since he stared at her a lot. He never really told you if he liked her, but sometimes you would see him give her a dreamy gaze and feel your heart drop, and your worst fears would feel like they were coming true.

You were interrupted of your thoughts when you immediately tensed because you heard Peter's window sliding open. Why was he coming in through the window?

Looking over in confusion, you heard the window close and almost gasped when you saw Spider-Man crawling on the ceiling toward the door. As usual when you saw him, you felt angry, but you were mostly wondering what the hell he was doing in Peter's room.

He dropped to the floor and shut the door silently, ripping the mask off and sighing in relief. You took note of the familiar curly brown locks and got a sick feeling in your stomach as you stood up from the bottom bunk.

You stared in shock as Spider-Man turned toward you, and you saw his face.

"Oh my God," you said numbly while your best friend stared at you wide-eyed, the mask almost dropping from his hands when he realized you were there.

"Y/N-" Peter tried to reach for you but you stepped back, putting a hand up.

"Don't," you said in a strangled-sounding tone, and he could hear in your voice how panicked and hurt you were feeling.

You grabbed your bag and tried to brush past him but his hand latched onto your wrist, his grip strong enough to hold you there.

"Please, just let me explain-"

"Stay the hell away from me, Peter," you hissed, your tone shocking him enough to drop your wrist. His heart practically broke when he saw the tears in your eyes and he couldn't say anything as you turned back around and hurried out of the apartment.

"Damn it!" He threw his mask on the bed, sitting down and putting his head in his hands, gripping his hair. Last night he hadn't checked first, and Ned had found out he was Spider-Man too. But this was so much worse than that was.