"I have been so busy with Mon-El, and you have been running a company. We don't really have the types of lives that give us time off."

          "It really is a sha..." James is cut off by an explosion that knocks us both to the floor. I run into an alley, changing into my superhero outfit as fast as I can. I fly back, moving James out of the way. Kara, think quick. I observe the area. We are in front of a bank. Alright, so bank robbery, but why was there a big explosion.? I find the robbers, one of which is holding a large gun. Assuming that they caused the explosion, that gun is bad news.

          "Who are you?" I try to sound confident, and it works. I can see the robbers tense up a bit.

          "I'm Chet Miner. CADMUS told me to deliver this to you." He shoots me with the gun, and I couldn't dodge it. I am hit full force, and it hurts. A lot. It must be alien technology, but why would CADMUS, the people who hate aliens, want to use something produced by aliens? I don't have time to ponder this and I have to stop them from robbing the bank. Out of the corner of my eye I see James punching one of Miner's friends, but is beat easily. I scare off everyone, and go check on James. He doesn't seem to bad, but as the robbers are running, they step on James's dad's camera, which I know will upset him. I patch him up, then we go back to work.

          It has only been thirty minutes, but I have already lost Mon-El. And Eve is missing too. I ask around, and it seems that she had been doing his work until they ran off together, but no one knows where. I am a bit scared to use my x-ray vision, so I just search around physically. I arrive at an abandoned office, and when I open the door, I immediately regret it. Can I have some eye bleach please? Mon-El and Eve are in the closet. Doing you know what. Ugh, I can't handle him.

          "Both of you, back to work. Before I throw up." I shake my head. Why do I have to deal with this? To make matters worse, I see the attempted bank robbery on television, and some dude loses his shit. I apologize for my language, I'm having a pretty bad day because of Mon-El.

          "This is why we should be allowed to carry weapons around. To protect us from people like this."

          "What kind of weapons would you want to use. If you had weapons, would that just create more drama and chaos?

          "To address your first question, I don't see why photon cannons wouldn't do the trick." I hope my eye roll is visible. "And for your second question, no, I think that we would be more safe with weapons, not less." I can't handle people right now. I look at the clock, formulating an excuse to get out of here.

          "I have to go. Dentist appointment. Bye." I think I need to save some people, make them have hope again.

Alex's POV

          "You know, they didn't teach me about one thing anti-gravity guns at the academy."

          "We're looking for any electromagnetic components in these weapons so we can create a counter-measure." Maggie shakes her head and smiles at me.

          "Nerd."

          "How are you feeling? Any better."

          "Now I just feel like I got kicked in the gut instead of the face."

          "After you file your report do you want to get a drink? Or we could go to that new tapas place."

          "I don't really feel like it right now."

          "You should come out! We can have fun and celebrate singledom."

          "I don't really feel like celebrating being dumped."