Chapter Thirteen

Riker likes me, okay. I kind of guessed it, but why me? There are so many girls that sit behind their computer screens and write pages and pages about their own little fantasy. But, he likes me, Jordan Jewell, he likes me.

I stared at Rydel. I had no idea what to say. Luckily, she spoke first. "Don't panic, I'll give you pointers. Riker's very unstable and emotional, so I'll help you throughout this thing."

"Thank god." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"No problem. But hey, don't ditch me for him, okay?" We approached to the parking lot and climbed up the stairs.

"Deal." I didn't know what the deal was, or what my side was, but I had to hold up my end, whatever that may be.

"Were here." Rydel easily changed the subject. She used her crutches to walk over to the car and waited for my to pop the trunk. When I opened it, I saw two acoustic guitars waiting for someone to play them. She had obviously smuggled them in under my radar. "Do you play?"

"Only since I was 9!" I squeaked and grabbed the one on the left side. I swung the strap over my shoulder and hugged Rydel. "Thank you!"

"No problem. Can you get the other one too? I kind of, can't." She reached to the car and fumbled for emphases.

"Sure." I plucked the other one from it's spot. It dangled around my ankles as she shut the trunk and led my back to the cave.

When we got back, the boys were back in the ocean. I feel asleep watching the boys play their silly game.

------------------$--------------

I woke up a couple hours later, and the boys were still in the ocean. I rolled over, taking a guitar from the center and playing some random notes. "Your good!" Rydel commented.

I realized she was starting at me. I blushed, "Thanks."

"Are you hungry?" Rydel turned her head back to the boys in the ocean.

"Yeah, I could go for food. Let's go, Rydel." I yelled at the ocean. Ross heard the word 'food' and came running. Rocky followed and soon Riker was just standing there.

"Oww! Ross, your untupughfmerf!" Ross jumped on top of me, muffling my voice.

He didn't seem to care though. He rolled over until he was between the cooler and me. "I love you food!" He hugged the cooler and started to cuddle with it.

"Aww!" I took a picture from behind him. He looked like a little bunny. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Riker glaring at Ross. "Riker!" I snapped him out of his own little world.

"Huh? Oh yeah! Food!" He pranced over her and sat down by me, closer than Ross.

He looked over to the cooler and noticed a certain instrument. Instead of grabbing the food, he picked up the guitar. "Do you want me to show you my favorite note?" He asked. I eagerly nodded, pretending I didn't know how to play. He strummed the A chord, it ringing a couple seconds after. "Do you want me to teach you?" He asked me. I nodded. He placed the guitar in my lap and fixed me hands in the right position. "Okay, now strum this part." Riker pointed than let go. I played A, then the rest of the scale. Then I went back to playing random notes, almost forgetting Riker was there.

"I've been playing for nine years." I explained. His is were wide from shock.

He finally realized what was happening and picked up another guitar from the center. He started the opening to Loud, so I played along with him. I memorized all of their songs anyway. Ross started to sing along.