Chapter 1

The north was cold.

Too cold.

There was a thick covering of snow, maybe a couple of feet down. Hard like stone, it belongs behind the wall.

It all was fairly compact and hard as I took each step. It barely cracked under the weight of my steps. The wind blew making my already chapped face feel as if it was freezing.

You would think that the thick pelts I was wearing would keep we warm.

Not even close.

My whole body was corrupt with the bone chilling temperature. I had long passed the teeth chattering stage and I was slowly finding comfort in the cold empty feeling that was consuming me.

No sun shined through the thick clouds, not even the moon light that I've come to love. There was no possible way to tell what time of day it was.

Maybe about a fortnight ago, someone could easily tell if it was day or night but now it looked as if the weather would never stop its white powder from kissing the earths surface.

There was no chance of seeing where you were going or what you'd find.

I've only been out here for a sennight.

Aye, it was my choice. I had to leave, there was too many requests for a lady my age. No way I was going to comply either.

The huge gowns my mother tried to squeeze me in were nonsense. The hair prepping, the fact that I could barely bath myself, or maybe it was because my father decided to wed me away to some man we've never heard of.

"It will make ties he said.... and then something about the greater good of our house."

I would huff and roll my eyes. He had my bloody brother for the greater good of our house. He would carry on our name after all.

My hand maiden, wasn't even proper.

I know that all of the girly stuff, doesn't really interest me. But if you're going to have someone to do it, it should be someone you can bond with and someone who knows how to do their job.

Not some old woman who's literally on her death bed that only cares about the creases that will happen to your shoes when you take a step.

Just thinking about all of the annoyance makes me want to scream out.

And scream I did.

It echoed out though the icy planes. It was loud and angry.

And honestly it sounded pained.

I've never been alone for this long. There's always been someone else blabbing in my ear or just there because I didn't talk much.

I've never been into a lot of things, it was just a matter of me getting bored with any task a lady should do.

I was rubbish at sewing, I couldn't clean well, and for cooking...I've never tried it. It looks easy but I doubt I'd be able to do it properly.

You see my family lives in the north, we are one of the strongest houses. Feared by many, loved by many.

I'm sure I've caused a bunch of issues by running away but this was the only way I could possibly live the life I wanted to live.