CHAPTER TWO

That's what Braelynn is wearing:) 

***********************************

"That man... is a brownie hound." my brother said once Vernon was back in his office.

"Really? A brownie hound? That's all you've got?" I commented while looking at John with a 'wtf' face.

"In presence of children," he started, looking at everybody else in the room, "I'm trying to be a role model." he finished with one of his famous smirk.

Before our little conversation can continue, we hear a snapping sound coming from the back table. I know it's Allison bitting her nail because she does it sometimes in the class we have in common, so I don't bother turning around like everyone else. They all look shocked and as usual, Allison doesn't care.

"If you keep eating your hand, you're not gonna be hungry for lunch." told John.

This comment made Allison stop for a few seconds before she spat one of her nail on John... or tried to, it didn't go very far... 

"I've seen you before, you know..." he said to the basket case.

"And, I've seen all of you!" I exclaimed happily while doing a little jazz hand move which got everybody to look at me like I was insane or something, fine then.

The room fell silent and everybody was doing their own business, making this whole detention boring... I mean, it was kinda entertaining so far, but anyway. I was taking out my walkman again when I heard muttering from the table next to mine. It was Johnson. He was asking himself who he was, so I tried to help him out a little.

 "Johnson, you're a genius, that's what you are." I whispered to him with a small smile and I was sure that I looked like a tomato right now... just talking to him made me blush.

Brian returned my smile and brought his attention back to the paper in front of him.

"I am a walrus..." he muttered with a pen in his mouth after a few seconds of silence.

At that moment, John looked at him in utter confusion which made Brian put the pen on his table with an awkward laugh. 

I started removing my jacket when my brother turned his confused face to an intense glare, still directed to Johnson. I looked at the brain to see what he did and saw that he was also removing his jacket, but he stopped and pretended to be cold when he met John's eyes. His action didn't stop my brother from glaring, so Brian was laughing awkwardly again, his eyes moving from my brother to me.

"It's the shits, huh?" he commented.

"Totally." I said while laughing a bit.

His smile became wider for a few seconds, before he stopped and turned back to his paper.

"John!" I whinned before smaking his arm playfully.

"What did I do?" 

"You know what you did!" 

"Oh, that, well, you're welcome!" he retorted with a smirk before taking his paper for the essay and throwing it between the jock and the popular girl.

I huffed and started my walkman. 'Highway to Hell' blasted in my ears and I picked up my pen to start my essay.

'Who am I? Well, Mr. Vernon, how am I supposed to tell you who I am when I don't even know myself? And anyway, you don't give a fuck about what we'll write in this essay, wanna know why? Well, because you're full of shit and you think you already have all of us figured out. By the way, my essay is done, less than a thous-'

I stopped writing when I felt my brother move more than usual next to me.

I removed my headphones only to ear: "Hey, you're not urinating in here, man!"

"Oh my God, dude! Not next to me!" I screeched, getting up and going in the middle of the aisle.

"Don't talk, don't talk! It makes it crawl back up!"

I turned to Brian and saw he was trying to look under the table... is he gay? Oh gosh, that would be awful...

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Andrew say: "You whip it out and you're dead before the first drop hits the floor!" 

"You're pretty sexy when you get angry...grrr!" mocked my brother before he looked at me and a smirk appeared on his face... what was he going to do now? 

John turned to Brian, his smirk still on his face and he said: "Hey, homeboy... why don't you go close that door and we'll get the prom queen impregnated!" 

This earned him a glare from the popular girl, but he ignored it and continued: "Or...or you would perhaps prefer to fuck my sister?" he questionned.

I couldn't believe he just said that! He's never said something like that, ever. 

Brian was red as a tomato and stuttering, but John cut him off before he could say something clear: "I was just messing with you...and my sister. You get close to her, I kill ya. Simple." 

Johnson nodded and John turned to me.

"Sorry sis, I didn't want to be disrespectful like that." he apologised.

I smiled, my way of saying it was okay and then he returned his attention to Brian.

"So, about getting the prom queen impregnated?"

"Hey!" Andrew intervened, but he was only ignored. "Hey!" he repeated.

"What?" asked my brother.

"If I lose my temper, you're totalled man!"

"Totally?" John mocked.

"Totally." 

"C'mon boys, no need to fight, we're all friends here!" I tried to release the tension in the air, but it just earned me glares from the jock and the princess.

So since it obviously didn't worked, I just put back on my headphones and 'Don't you (forget about me)' by SImple Minds was playing. I was watching the trio argue, but I couldn't hear them. 

*****************

New chapter:D 

So, I'm really trying to create an OC different than the flirt and I hope it's working because I don't want to re-write my first TBC fanfic simply with another love interest... I really hope you like it:D