It Almost Slipped

Start from the beginning

I love you.

"You didn't need to repay me for anything. I do all this for you because you're my friend. When you're happy, I'm happy." He said that, satisfied. And took a bite of his burger.

I was so close to telling him how I felt... if he hadn't interrupted me would I have said it?

I licked my ice cream before it could melt too much, then i pulled the paper loop off the cone and took a bite. Jack did the same. I saw him licking his fingers off because some of his ice cream had dripped onto his hand. It was adorable. Jack blushed.

"Why a-are you watching me?" He stuttered.

"I uh.... wondering why you didn't use a napkin." I cleared my throat. I threw our trash away and stuffed the last bite of my burger into my mouth. I gave the rest of the soda to Jack. He chugged it and we walked back to his car.

Once we were inside, I didn't feel like going back to school. I chuckled under my breath.

"What's so funny?" Jack asked, driving back towards the school.

"We snuck out and now I don't wanna go back..." I said, laughing again.

"Neither do I." He said. "But if we flunk any classes it's gonna fuck us up."

"I know." I inhaled. "Hey Jack..."

"Yeah?"

"I think it's time you meet my mom."

"Alright." He said. "I'd be happy too." He gave me a quick smile before we pulled into the parking lot. We jumped out and ran back into the school. When we separated to go to our lockers, he gave my hand a quick squeeze. The sensation sent heat rushing up my neck. But when I looked at him, he was already down the hall with his back to me. Once I got into class and took my seat, the bell rang.

* * *

Once school ended, I got my stuff and walked to Jack's locker. He wasn't there. Curiosity setting in, I walked around looking for him. Had he gotten in trouble? Was he with a teacher? Was he already by the car? I walked to the doors, looking out at his car, but he wasn't there. I furrowed my brows. I wandered around looking for him for a minute more. Then I heard a grunt from the men's restroom. I cautiously walked in and peeked my head around the corner.

"What the hell?!" I gasped and ran in.

Jack.
My Jack.
Sitting against the wall and pinching his nose while blood dropped out onto the floor.

Andrew stood there laughing. I stood up to him and balled my hands into fists. He glared slightly down at me.

"What are you gonna do, pussy?" He snapped, shoving me back into the sink. Pain rippled through my hip. Fuck.

I look one last glance at Jack before swinging my fist up and hearing the sweet sound of it connecting with his flesh. He smacked into the bathroom stall and held his eye painfully. I hit him again. In the stomach. He bent over with a heave. I leaned down to Jack again and helped him stand. So much blood...

I quickly made a rag wet and held it to his nose. Did he break it? Was he ok?!

He pinched it to his nose again.

"Thanks." He coughed.

"Fuck you, Andrew." I snapped as I draped my arm over Jack's shoulder and led him out of the room.

I grabbed Jack's bag from his unlocked locker and we walked to his car.

"Are you okay?" I whispered, turning to look him in the eye.

"Uh, yeah. It's not broken." He said, still pinching the bloody rag to his nose.

I frowned. "I'm so sorry. I should have known something was wrong. I should have been there with you when that happened. Fuck..." I slid my hand back through my hair, looking down apologetically. I felt like this was partially my fault.

"Nothing happened because of you. Andrew is just a dick. And you were there with me." He said, sniffling. Was he crying?

"Jack..." I said. He shook his head.

"I'm ok. This just hurts like a Mother fucker." He gave a small laugh.

"Are you ok to drive?" I asked as we got in the car. He pinched his nose with one hand.

"Yeah. I'll be ok. Just tell me where your house is." He started the car and started to drive with one hand.

"Okay... I lo-" I stopped myself. No not yet. That's the second time I almost let it slip. With a deep breath, I turned my gaze out the window. I wanted to tell him but now wasn't the time.

**A/N**

Soon. It'll happen soon. 👌🏼 sorry I haven't posted. High school registration was occupying my mind but I've been working on this story. 😊

Feel free to leave a comment and punch that vote button in the face, LIKE A BOSS!! And i will see all you dudes, in the next chapter!!!

Buh-bye!