Chapter 11: Family

Viktor leaned over, picking up the blanket Kei had dropped and draped it around him again. Kei only tightened his grip on Viktor, and he did the same, whispering reassuring words into his ear. Slowly, he began to relax, nodding off a little even. The small boy stopped himself and looked up at his father.

"Can you tell me a story?"

A collective sigh was let out by everyone in the car, one of relief. Then everyone told him yes, that they could tell him a story.

"Which story do you want to hear, solnyshko?" Viktor asked him, brushing back his hair.

"You and Chichi's wedding day," Kei said immediately, then added, "But I only want you to tell the story."

Viktor chuckled, sending him a heart shaped smile. "Okay."

And so Viktor told him the story he had heard a hundred times, but to Kei it was very different this time. Viktor spent at least ten minutes going on and on about how lovely Yuuri looked that day, and another ten minutes explaining to the child how happy he was standing beside his husband at the altar.

Thirty minutes passed and Viktor was still telling Kei the story. Phichit and Chris shared an annoyed look. Yuri also seemed ready for the end of wedding story, but it didn't come, and no one was going to stop them. Kei asked his Otets for a story, so he was getting a story. Besides, Kei looked completely immersed in Viktor's perspective of the wedding day.

"How much longer?" Yuri sighed, hoping that the time was short.

"Just a few more minutes," Chris answered back.

Everyone sighed, remaining quiet. Everyone but Viktor and Kei who were still telling stories to each other. Under his breath, Yuri started cursing in Russian. He was positive that Viktor heard him by the side glances he was receiving, but said nothing.

Finally, to everyone's relief, they pulled up in front of Kenjirou house. Minami was outside the house to greet them, informing them that his parents were getting a room ready for everyone. Viktor took Kei into the house, hoping he wouldn't catch sight of Yuuri all beat up. Chris and Phich followed him in while Otabek and Yuri went to bring Yuuri into the house. Minami went with them as well, seeing as though he was only one who knew where Yuuri was going to be staying at the moment.

Kaito, Minami's older brother, took Chris and Phichit to their rooms, ordering Viktor to stay in the kitchen with Kei. When he came back, he had a first aid kit, as well as a few other medical devices.

Kaito took Kei out of Viktor's arms, setting him on the counter, then suggested that Viktor go clean up in the bathroom. The Russian looked at him oddly at first but did as he said. When he got there though, he understood. There was blood splattered on his clothes and face.

Viktor cleaned his face off, making sure it was all of his skin. Looking down at his clothes, he decided it was best to change. He went back into the kitchen, finding Yuri there. He was getting stitches in his arm from Katio while Kei ate some cookies at the table.

"Yurio, do you have the keys?" Viktor asked. Yuri waited for Kaito to pause, then reached into his pocket and tossed the keys at the other Russian. Just as Viktor was leaving the room, Kei ran up to him.

"Otets, are you leaving?" he asked, his voice trembling.

"No, solnyshko," Viktor reassured, tousling his hair. "I'm just going to get a few things from the car."

"Can I come with?" the small child asked.

Viktor looked at Yuri who also had the same look. The blonde stepped in, trying to help.