She felt her stomach growl and knew that it was time to get out. She combed back her wet hair and wrapped a towel around herself as she began to exit the bathroom. She looked up and saw Sherri sitting in her bed, but her brain didn't register who she was right away. So she yelled in surprise causing her to slip on the now wet floor. Sherri got up from the bed laughing hysterically and ran to her side to help her up. "Are you ok"? Teri just laughed at her clumsiness as she rubbed her behind. Teri looked down at Sherri's bare legs and smiled, "Comfortable"? "Oh. I could put pants on if you want". "No. We're both women. I want you to feel comfortable." Sherri returned to the bed and Teri went to her dresser to find clothes herself.

Sherri just continued to watch her in silence. Teri had her back to her with the towel still secure. She slid on some panties and pajama shorts under the towel. Then he dropped the towel, still facing away from Sherri, and began looking for a shirt. She noticed the silence and could feel Sherri's eyes on her. Sher turned her head towards her and smiled when Sherri didn't look away. "What's wrong Sherr-Bear? Don't want the pizza anymore?" "I'm just waiting for you to hurry up and get in bed so I could share this first experience with you". Teri pulled on a cami and headed to the bed. "Well I'm honored," Teri joked. "Shut up and come here woman".

They spent the next hour eating and talking about embarrassing moments, bad dates, and anything else that could come to mind. By this time Sherri had consumed most of the pizza. Teri looked over at Sherri and was trying to make out something on her face. Then it registered that she was probably bruising from being hit in the face earlier. Without saying much she jumped out of the bed and ran to the kitchen. Sherri looked on confused as she reached for another slice of pizza. When Teri returned she had an ice sack in her hand and plopped right back down in her original spot. "How come you didn't tell me you were bruising my love"? Teri placed the sack on her cheek as Sherri flinched at the coldness. Sherri just shrugged her shoulders. "I must have forgot". Teri was looking so sad. Upset that this man left a mark on her beautiful body.

Teri studied Sherri's face closely before speaking up. "About what happened tonight, you don't have to feel ashamed or embarrassed. Don't let this unhealthy relationship change who you are. Don't reserve room in your life for toxic people. You are such a great person. Even though I don't know you too well, tonight I was scared for you and upset for you. And I understand the pain you are feeling and why you may not want to get a divorce but –" "How?! How do you understand, huh? Were you a part of my marriage? Just because you witnessed one bad night you think that you could judge me?" Sherri wasn't exactly sure why she was getting so upset. She was starting to feel like Teri was just being her from out of pity. She was about to get out of the bed when Teri grabbed her and forced her to stay put. "I would never judge you. It's just, tonight it was your eyes. Your eyes seemed almost sadder than mine had in my past relationships. That's how I know". Sherri just looked at her with shock as she waited for her to continue. "The first time I was married I thought that I was in love. He was an architect and he designed our first home together. We were still pretty young and naïve, but by this tie I had a few roles and was the one paying for everything. He had this jealousy problem. Every time I had to leave for a role it was always a problem. It started off small; he would push me over things, grab me too tight when no one was looking, and constantly demand sex. But I thought that it was all part of love. But I was always terrified; even to go to my own home. I never knew what to do. After I had my son it was fine until one night he came home upset. He was upset because of some tabloid he saw that claimed that I was dating someone else. My son was only one. I ran and hid him in one of the closet. When I came out he just started beating on me. I will always remember that night. I had a broken nose, broken ribs, dislocated shoulder and a fractured leg. One of the neighbors was a cop and must have heard us because he came rushing pulling him away from me and pinning him to the ground. He has been in jail for many years now. My second husband wasn't as bad. He was more so verbally and emotionally abusive rather than physically. At this point I had my daughter. I think I was so desperate for love and wanted my kids to have a dad that it took me a long time to get away. Things were lonely and I still feel just as lonely sometimes. So I understand the need to stay with a person whether good or bad".

Sherri was failing to contain her tears any longer, while Teri has had practice holding them back just from constantly thinking about these events. Teri reached up and wiped the tears away for her "I know that there's more to your story. You don't owe anyone an explanation for anything. But one day you might feel like you are able to tell it. When you are I'm going to be here to listen. Okay my love?" Teri just held the side of Sherri's tear streaked face as she just nodded her head yes.

"Is it alright if I sleep here in your room with you tonight"? Sherri was hoping Teri didn't feel weird about it because she has never felt this comfortable with anyone and she just wanted to stay in bed with her. She felt safe. "Of course you can". Teri turned the light off and they both laid down in the bed facing each other. They just both just stared at each other; examining the other's facial features. "I'm sorry that happened to you," Sherri whispered. "It made me a stronger person. Besides, everything in life happens for a reason". Sherri leaned forward and kissed the bridge of her nose. Teri pulled her closer and Sherri cuddled up to her with her head against her chest and her arms tightly around Teri. Teri nuzzled her hair as she wrapped her arms around Sherri with her hands under her shirt as she rubbed up and down her back, trying to get her to go to sleep. They both marveled in this new emotion that they couldn't quite identify as they drifted off to sleep.