Chapter 2

"So how was the chemistry read the other day? Was there any connection? Do you think it was love at first sight?" Jason said the last part while making dumb googly eyes. "Seriously?" she replied as she took a bite of her chicken wrap. "Wow, Sherri, was it that bad?" he laughed.

Sherri and Jason had been friends since '97 when they were on a show together. Even though they were both married to other people they still kept in touch and developed a protective brother/sister relationship over the years.

"No. I was just that awkward. I was so nervous about meeting her that I sort of clammed up. You know how I am. Thankfully I was able to get through the improv but only because I was playing a completely different person. She must think I'm crazy or something. She is probably going to dread working with me!" Sherri chuckled a little, but then put her hand to her forehead. She was so embarrassed. The chemistry read was four days ago and that was all that she has been able to think about. "Come on Sher. I'm sure once you two start working together you both will form a positive relationship, just like we did," Jason smiled at her. "Besides you're an amazing person. Anyone would be lucky to work with you. Trust me I would know". He finally got a happy and genuine smile from Sherri, who placed her hand on his over the table. "Jason George, what would did I do to deserve you?" He placed his other hand on top of hers and said, "Well for starters, we had a good chemistry read". They both started laughing and Sherri snatched her hand away and playfully crossed her arms feigning anger.

"It is going to be terrible! Absolutely terrible! She had this complete stand offish demeanor. I came in all chipper and excited, and then she's just standing with this up tight grin on her face. I usually don't let people kill my mood. But I just kept thinking about how I have to work with this person for who knows how long". Teri was pacing around her kitchen as she rambled to her friend Jeanie. Jeanie just sat at the island in the middle of the kitchen and sipped her tea. When she realized that Teri took a pause from talking she thought that it would be safe to finally get a word in after her many failed attempts.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad. Just keep being yourself. She probably was just taken back by your loud ass". Teri gave her a sarcastic smile but kept pacing. "I've should've known from the moment I saw her," Teri continued to ramble. "She's just so freakin' gorgeous. Name one gorgeous person who isn't a complete asshole". Jeanie quickly got up and grabbed Teri by the shoulders. "Stop with all the circle walking! Teri, I'm too pregnant for this and you are making me dizzy".

Teri finally stopped and sat down as she rubbed her friend's belly as she apologized to the little baby inside. "Teri, just wait it out until you get to know her a little better. Your first say is tomorrow, right? I'm sure things will be better. Everyone loves you. Just continue to be yourself and nothing can go wrong". Teri continued to rub Jeanie's belly. "Yeah I hope that you –". Teri stopped talking and her eyes went wide. "Oh my God! Did she just kick?!" Jeanie just stood there laughing. "What's so funny? My goddaughter just kicked when I touched her. It's like she gave me a little high five of encouragement or something." Teri started to feel all around her stomach trying to feel the kick again. "Teri stop," Jeanie continued to laugh. "It was just gas!" Teri's smile disappeared and she pulled her hand back and walked to the other room as her friend just continued to laugh.