I never realized how much of a reck I was emotionally until Ziara came along. Just her smile could heal me in so many ways.

She's made me feel alive for the first time in centuries. I didn't know how much of an emotionless zombie that I had become. All I did was work, eat, sleep, and repeat.

I used to just kill for fun, it was the only way I ever felt anything. The look on people's face as they take they're last breath. The feeling of they're warm blood splattering across my face. It made me feel powerful, unstoppable.

I felt like I had to do it or else I'd grow weak. I didn't want to be weak. Weak was the very last thing I ever wanted to be.

I never let anyone tear down my walls besides her. No one was ever able to break the boundaries that she was able to break.

None of the countless women I slept with were able to get to me. To me it was just sex, nothing more, nothing less. Some girls fell deeply madly in love to the point where I had them moved to a completely different pack. I never loved any of them back.

I never truly knew the feeling of love until the very moment I met her. I loved my parents but this was a different type of love. The type of love that makes you start to go insane without them next to you. It was practically an obsession. I would die a million times just to make sure she's happy.

I took a deep breath as I attempted to get to work, hoping that it would take my mind off Ziara. I grabbed a stack of papers and got to work.

===•°•===

I groaned stretching, feeling the satisfying pop of my joins. I've been sitting here for who knows how long. The sun was no longer shining as the moon took its place up in the sky among the sea of stars. My only light source being an old lamp.

I heard a light knock on the door. "Come in." I spoke gruffly. Oliver stepped into the room. "We got a trace." Oliver spoke. I immediately sat up wanting to know more.

"Apparently he's hiding out somewhere just off the island." He sat down across from me. "How is he getting near the island?" I growled.

"We must have a mole on our hands. Someone must be letting them in." Oliver spoke running a hand through his hair. "Well he's going to be very surprised when he sees she's no longer here." I sat back in my chair. Oliver nodded.

"It's weird without her here." He sighed. I nodded in agreement. "Was I always this dull?" I asked. He chuckled. "Mate you were as bad as Axe." I nodded. "Well that was when we had something in common."

"I want you to switch the guards stations. I want a strict no one get in, no gets out policy. If I find out that a guard let in someone without my permission I will kill them." I spoke sternly. Oliver nodded. "Should we set up a curfew?" I nodded. "No one besides guards should be out past 10. They will be arrested on spot if caught out."

"Understood." He nodded firmly. As he stood up. "Theo you should get some rest. You know Ziara would want you to take care of yourself." I groaned knowing he was right.

I stood up slowly grabbing my phone and stuffing it in my back pocket. Oliver held the door open for me. I nodded in acknowledgment. He patted me on the back as he walked the other way.

I slowly walked down the long dark hall way. I opened my door. The room felt so lonely.

If Ziara was here she'd be on the phone with her aunt, going on about her day as she got comfortable on the bed. Her short frame taking up two-thirds of the bed as she sprawled out. She'd smile up at me as she hastily ended the phone call.

I groaned as I felt a tug at my heart. I sat down as I started to feel a bit dizzy. My wolf let out a whine. I want mate. He growled. I let out a frustrated sigh. "You know exactly why we can't do that." I growled back at him. He simply ignored me as he whimpered in the back of my head.

I pulled out my phone quickly dialing a number. I heard a couple rings before I heard her angelic voice. "Theo." I immediately relaxed hearing her voice, my wolf purred lightly. "Ziara." I answered back.

"I miss you so much." She chocked down a sob. My heard dropped, I hated it when she cried. "I miss you too. We'll be together again soon mio amore." I cooed attempting to comfort her.

"How's the house?" I asked trying to change the subject as I laid down on the couch, making myself comfortable. "It's beautiful but it's in the middle of the woods." She sighed. "I had to make sure it would be difficult to find." I explained. "I know." She muttered.

We talked for hours, the loneliness slowly started to fade the more she spoke. Just the sound of her voice was almost enough to make me feel better. Almost.