16. At First Threatening Sight

Dru's eyes squinted as his head turned ahead at his gleaming mansion which reflected light by the polished gold surrounding his place. He stood beside his security machine which would open the gates to his mansion, he installed this in order to keep unwanted visitors away. However it seemed to fall since the corner of his eye caught a his gate ajar. It was appeared to be skeptical whether someone has hijacked his security system, but he brushed it off thinking it was one of the pigs who left it open. The blonde one walked towards the extensive path that led to the same home he has missed every since he moved in with his twin. Although he adored those tea party sessions with the girls and the temporary times Gru and Lucy were chasing him after his misdeeds Dru achieved in the town, he still cherished his mansion in Freedonia. 

The blonde arched his eyebows releasing the enterance was wide open as well as his gate. Pushing the door, Dru began to feel an eerie presence in his house hold he did not wish to encounter. He strolled around with his head turning to every direction for his butler. The place was quiter than usual. Cupping his hands around his mouth he began yell. "I'm home Fritz. Fritz?" His hand brushed against the railing of the stairs as he went up. "Fritz? Where are you, I'm getting scared Fritz. Fri-" He was interrupted by a feeble sound of banging. He was quick to open the door that lead to the noise. "Fritz!" He gasped as he found his butler tied up unable to speak with a cloth around his mouth. Dru snatched the cloth away from Fritz's mouth. "You're being robbed, sir!" Blurted he. "Robbed!" Shouted the quivering blonde. 

His eyes twitched from left to right, he was startled by such an act. Despite himself being a villain, he knew he wasn't the best for his twin would always caught him before the robbery or how he would easily trip against traps before he commits anything. He began to nervously bite his nails. "I should call Gru and Lucy!" He spoke between bites. "What about calling the police first, sir?" The butler suggested. Dru nodded. "Yes! That's better! Thank you Fritz!" He ceased to munch on his nails. 

Dru turned around but was alarmed by the man who pointed a gun a the edge of his pointy nose. "Ah!" The twin screamed. "You're not calling anyone dweeb!" The villain began to laugh dorkish. The familiar laughter caused the twin to realize the villain who stood beside him. Yes, he remembered it vividly. It was the same man he watched as a child on Saturday mornings and who he defeated a few months ago. "Balthazar Bratt? I-I thought you were sent to jail!" He spoke. "No duh," Bratt replied with sarcasm. "Do you really think the most wanted villain like me would be locked up in jail for such a long time?" He cocked his head. "Y-Ye-" Dru was about to say but was cut off my the 80s man. "That was a rhetorical question!" He shouted.

"I couldn't find the target, sir." Beeped Clive the robot as he rolled beside his master. Bratt turned to his robot. "Don't need to sweat Clive, I already got him here." He blew his famous pink gum. The two laughed in unison. Dru gulped, his eyes were still on the gun. "P-Please Balth-Balthazar. Please let me go!" Begged the twin. The 80s man snickered as he turned to Dru. "You're just like you're brother, pathetically useless!" 

Dru gasped. He was reminded about his darken childhood days. Especially the day his father shouted at him for failing a mission Dru couldn't finish. He recalled the wrinkles that were created by the fury that his father made. His crooked finger pointed at Dru shouting, "You can't get anything right! Now can you? You are nothing but pathetically useless Dru!" Were the exact words that struck his heart and haunted his mind ever since. Although he already died, it still played like a broken record. 

The blonde curled both of his free hands. "I am not pathetically useless!" His firm voice echoed the halls, surprising Balth. "It's not my fault I'm such a clumsy fool. I didn't mean to dissapoint you," Dru pointed at the 80s man. "Or destroy the family tradition! It wasn't on purpose how many time must I tell you." Dru placed his fist back at his sides. With his gun lowered and eyes wide open, Balthazar listened puzzingly. "Also, so what I've been hanging around boys lately! I love them and I would never change no matter what you tell me," Dru's lips quivered. "Dad." He hid his crying face underneath his hands. 

Bratt awkwardly stood next to the tearing up blonde who realesed his emotions to him. He turned to his robot companion but he shurgged. He wished to step away from this drama but deep inside his gut he felt guilty. The 80s man scratched his head. "I'm sorry I called you that." "It's not your fault." He whimpered. The twin's hand wipped his final tears before turning to the villain. "Just personal childhood problems." He chuckled weakly. Bratt touched his chest leaning in closer. "I had childhood problems as well."

Dru blinked in surprise. He would have never guessed an infamous childstar would have any types of difficulties in his life. "Really?" Asked the twin. "Oh yeah, many of them actually." Balth frowned. He averted his eyes to the ground shortly. "But look at us now!" His head jerked up at Dru. "We're pass those problems to have a better future, right?" The 80s man smiled. Dru nodded. "Wait but why are you here though." 

"Oh, just to find you and try to threaten you on destroying your family if you don't bring me back my Dupont Diamond. But I guess I don't want to bother you anymore because I made enough harm already." Explained the villain. "I would love to steal the diamond." Muttered the blonde twin. "Wha-What? Really?" 

Dru nodded. Bratt shook his head."No, no, no. That would be too risky. You'll get h-" He stopped midway when he felt the blond's hands on his shoulder. "Maybe if you join me it won't be so hard." He spoke. Balth wasn't sure if it was the physical contact or the way Dru's eyes appeared alluring up close, but he blushed. "O-Ok." He whispered. Dru released his hands off Bratt. "Perfect! When is the date?" 

"D-Date?" The 80s man's blush became redder. "Yeah, you know when are we doing the heist." Explained Dru. "Oh right, umm next week perhaps." 

"Perfect! See you then." The blonde smiled~