Chapter 2

Batman’s point of view

   I didn’t fully think this plan through, curse my arrogance, how do I stop us both from a high speed collision with the pavement? My grapnel gun is in the cave for upgrades and my line launching prototype won’t hold both of our weights. As we fell, I felt a cold, steel blade penetrate my suit and into my firm hand that was grasping the chair with Joker. I ignored the pain for just enough time to sway us through a window to our left. Within milliseconds we were crashing through the window.

   As we landed in the window I removed the blade from the wound it had left, now filled with blood. I grab joker by the neck again and beat him senseless. He doesn’t scream with pain like the others, he is laughing. How can he enjoy the amount of pain I am portraying among his body? I stop and take a step back to look at what I had done to him, like a painter when he is finished with a painting. His body is broken, cuts and bruises cover his face like the war paint he wears but yet still he laughs. I have had enough of it.

  A radio transmission comes from Gordon, without Joker knowing I had him on speaker phone with the police department and they went to the three separate locations to locate and disarm the explosives. ”Batman can you hear me? The bombs weren’t bombs, just boxes Filled with Joker cards and kittens”. I sighed with relief and left Joker to be arrested.

Nobody’s P.O.V.

  Batman jumped out of the window and soared through the night sky like a bullet. He soared over the city, over and around buildings back to where the Batwing was placed. When he got there he saw Knightwing leaning against the cockpit window with his arms folded. “Don’t you think it’s weird the way I always, almost die around you?” Remarked Knightwing with a smirk. Batman just smirked and nodded at him and opened the cockpit. They both entered and the engines ignited, they purred like a cat as the Batwing was lifting off the roof where it was parked. On the way back to the cave Batman wondered who gave Gordon the information that Mr.Zsasz was in lacey towers.

  The Batwing shot through the waterfall enclosing the Batcave and landed on the pad. Both jumped out of the jet and went over to the Bat computer to check all camera footage surrounding Arkham Asylum looking for footage of Joker. As he suspected nothing showed up. Then he checked the Blackgate camera footage, but still he found nothing that would help him. “Dick you have been great help tonight, go home and get some rest” stated Bruce as he removed his cowl and cape. “But what about Joker?” questioned Dick.” I’ll handle it”. Dick Grayson picked up his electrified batons and slowly walked up the long, gloomy stone steps and got in the elevator. ”Hey Bruce, take it easy for me. You seem to have forgotten that you are recovering.” He shouted from the other end of the cave. Bruce nodded and watched as he left the cave.

    “Have you tipped off the GCPD about joker?” asked Bruce as he turned in his swivel chair to face his trusted butler. “Yes sir but they ran into some problems along the way.  Joker had escaped but was apprehended shortly after by Officer Gordon”. Bruce stared into the multiple computer screens un-easily. “Keep some tabs on him Alfred, along with Branden and other dirty cops” “Gordon!? A dirty cop!?”Alfred exclaimed with great concern crossing his face. “I know I don’t like the sound of it either but we have to keep vigilant”. “I just hope you know what you’re doing Master Bruce”.